Bubble Chat fails to filter

I have trailed this out with an alt account on mobile, and very shockingly, you can actually see the unfiltered text, it’s not just a local issue.

I would recommend turning off bubble chat for now, as the baseplate I tested this on was taken down and suspended within a few minutes for “unfiltered chat”.

Oh right. It seemed to be a local issue when I had the thing the other day. Apologies that. Got this wrong.

My game got moderated and its not my issue its exact game issue. That’s UnBelievable.

Its a roblox bug I believe
See shark blox video for more information

1 Like

It’s a roblox problem why i got moderated and under review?

Report this unfilter bubble chat issue to roblox #bug-reports:engine-bugs
Current solution is disable the bubble chat option from chat.

This maybe a bug because roblox is adding a new chat service called “TextChatService” maybe they are trying to implement it in game client.

Currently TextChatService only works in studio and not in game
…read more

1 Like

Hi! A fix for this issue will be rolled out next week.

1 Like

Hi, our team has verified that this is only occurring on local sending clients (i.e. unfiltered chat is only visible to the sender and not to other recipients). If this is not the case with certain experiences please let us know by linking the experience URL, as it may be violating our ToS by implementing custom chat with chat filter bypass and would need to be moderated. Thank you.

2 Likes

Its client sided and its a filtering bug. ROBLOX has to fix it. No one else.

1 Like

URGENT! This issue has occured to my game, and I believe my game has been falsely moderated (it’s been placed UNDER REVIEW). I have reached out to Roblox Support, however they told me to fix it. Who should I contact about this?

EDIT: Here is the game link: The Booth Plaza - Roblox

I can’t report it I dont have enough permissions.

1 Like

this bug has caused my game to be falsely moderated and got my game suspended, I believe the bug is not my fault and I did no modifications to the bubble chat / chat itself.

how Roblox Developer Relations be sleeping after people lose 10k robux from Roblox’ actions
:sleepy:

1 Like

@SubtleShuttle

We feel like the same has occurred to our game:

https://www.roblox.com/games/6218169544/Korblox-Headless-Hangout

We are pretty disappointed that this may have happened, we have not forked any of the chat and still we get moderated.

I’ve even seen problems where using filtering functions, that can end up returning success and a string not filtered example code shown below from “Rate and Roast” which was moderated for booth text not filtered when we followed Roblox’s filter instructions, source: Text and Chat Filtering? We really need some sort of advice on how developers can ensure their games can’t be moderated when these problems seem to come from Roblox.

I do respect Roblox’s ensuring the safety of the community, but we really do need better guidance.

Source (from Rate and Roast):

4 Likes

We’ve now been under review for more than 1 day and it’s pretty concerning that this issue has led to us losing a ton of revenue that we will never get back. Roblox support has not gotten back to me or the publisher’s appeal that was sent out over 24 hours ago now for our game to be reviewed.

I’m disappointed.

Very sorry to hear that, I usually play your game and i’ve notice it in yours too. I brought it up on DevForums in hopes that maybe you or Roblox would notice and take action.

This does look like a bug that was an outcome of their removal of the independent +13 and -13 Chat filtering functions under ChatService.

2 Likes

Has the issue been fixed yet? I still see a lot of games with this issue. It has been a week since you said “a fix for this issue will be rolled out next week”.

Please update us on this matter.

Yes, I have seen bubble chat filter properly to some extent, I have only tried a few games but let them know if it still doesn’t work for yours.

A fix for this should have been released since last week. Is this still occuring on your end?

Roblox no longers filters chat bubble messages for the client (the person who sent the message)

It will still be tagged for everyone else.