Bubble Chat is now integrated into TextChatService!

I hope sometime in the future more customization can be added, like a bubble gradient.

1 Like

Thanks for raising the issue. Do you think you could file a bug report with more steps to reproduce, or give us a place file? We attempted to reproduce the issue, but couldn’t surface the bug.

I’ve tried reproducing the issue was well, but it only seems to happen specific players, in games that have characterautoloads to false and characters that are spawned manually with Player:LoadCharacter(). I will try to talk to the players that this happens consistently to, and ask if they would be willing to help out the engineers trying to debug this. If I can get someone to agree, I’ll make an issue in #bug-reports:engine-bugs if one hasn’t been made already

1 Like

Any updates or ETA on per-player customization? My game relies heavily on it.

Could you let me know the link of your game that has this issue? I would like to test if the players in my game having this issue can reproduce it in your as well. After further testing it seems although this only happens on desktop and the mobile works fine

We are currently researching options for this and will likely ship a solution early next year.

2 Likes

Where did the bubble chat go :sad:

I’ve noticed while playing Bloxburg that the bubbles will randomly change order, like there most recent one will jump to the second most. I find this really annoying if you read messages this way. Id imagine this has something to do with the LayoutOrder

3 Likes

This is happening to me as well, it is majorly annoying in my game and my users are having lots of issues in regards to it.

I cannot make a report about it because I am not a regular either. Wish this issue could get resolved.

2 Likes

Yeah staff, can we get an update on this? It’s really annoying.

Here’s a feature request I have, when are will we be able to customize what the target channel chip for our custom TextChannels say?

The chat bubble goes inside of my custom name tag is there a way to fix this?

2 Likes

You can move the bubbles higher by adjusting the VerticalStudsOffset property or create a custom attachment over you character and change the AdorneeName property to match the name of your custom attachment.

3 Likes

How would I go about changing the BubbleChatConfiguration per TextChannel? I want to make it so team chat has its own separate customization.

Bubble chat isn’t appearing for my custom character while using TextChatService.

Legacy chat:

1 Like

I’m still getting this issue on my place with custom character loading.

Any news on this? I’m not sure if a feature was released the past 2 months.

Still having that issue! Please keep us updated!

1 Like

Hi, this should have been fixed by now, if you are continuing to run into this issue please bring it up in this post: New In-Experience Text Chat System Public Release! Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.