Bug Report Wizard Update - Let the Magic Begin!

I said waves, not all people. With waves, people will know to use it properly, and anyone breaking the rules would be removed from the wave and will have to wait till the official release.

Remember the windows 10 roblox beta? Like how people get the beta through waves? Well such a feature could be used rather than restriction to a certain rank.

1 Like

I’m not annoyed with the fact that members can’t post bug reports. I actually support that because it prevents scam even further.

I’m more annoyed with the fact that for around 10 months now it’s still impossible to level up to regular.

Your annoyed for a rank rather than ability to get access to get bug reports? Rank brings literally nothing, lounge is legacy and there are plans of closing it down. If you want regular rank for access to lounge, then you should consider thinking about why you are using the devforum.

1 Like

This new bug report wizard is completely unusable. I just attempted to file a bug report and when I finished, the created topic had the title of a bug report I previously reported, and incorrect information that I was prompted to input.

Why is it so hard to just live by the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” philosophy? There was literally nothing wrong with the old system, why do we need to now be babied even when it comes to reporting BUGS???

Not to mention, there’s loads of straight up missing text in the wizard:

I understand your issues, but that doesn’t mean you’re allowed to give harsh and overbearing criticism. Constructive criticism is much better, and helps everyone.
The wizard allows for a much faster and easier reporting process, where staff don’t have to manually add every single detail by themselves to the database.

2 Likes

Incorrect. Read the replies more carefully.

1 Like

Before the wizard, bug reports were often inconsistently formatted despite the requested format, making it difficult for engineers.

The new updates are to ensure a smooth process for updates. Would you rather spend an extra five seconds writing a post, or have less efficient and inconsistent bug reports?

4 Likes

This is 100% not my problem. MY bug reports were always formatted correctly. The root of the problem there is the fact that Roblox allows people into the forum that really shouldn’t be. If someone can’t format a bug report correctly when the format is right in front of them, I don’t think they should be on the forum. I don’t know what else to say about that.

And not for nothing, but the reason I’m complaining is not because I have to use the wizard to report bugs. It’s because I have to use the wizard AND the wizard is barely functional.

Ok. Roblox will rearrange their entire schedule based on how you, the individual, formatted posts.

The reasoning you provide is outrageously emotional and egotistical, which doesn’t make sense, because it’s such a small thing to worry about.

Let’s say your local Walmart did not have cashiers, but instead, asked you to leave money in a basket before you leave. Sure, you might do it right, but it does not guarantee others do. The easiest solution is to have a middle-man for it. The same principle applies here.

2 Likes

i’m stuck as a member because leveling has been disabled since early 2020 (according to the how to level up topic) so at this rate, ill never be able to report my annoying lighting bug when i turn my graphics up to high…

Report to the bug report group for now.

This actually was correct for the past 10 months…

Also incorrect, I’ve DM’ed Roblox staff in the past about this issue and have gotten a similar response.

Please allow us to edit bug report titles. A more in-depth topic is below:

2 Likes

My question is, Why is this not available to Members+?
It’s hard for us to get a Bug Report submitted.

I joined the forum at the end of 2015 (though I was not active in the beginning) and am still a Member. Sadly, the magic cannot begin for me.

4 Likes

The alternative is to make a bug report in engine/on website. With reported and unresolved bugs that passed Roblox’ “standards” - they can add them to the devforums so people can follow and comment instead of letting others open bug topics. People will open bug reports in the background.

light theme? :*(
Seriously though, fairly sure most users have light theme so.

As much as I would have loved this update I honestly despise it. | Perspective of a member

Pros

• Its a more viable solution for sending Bug-Reports and alerting the engineers at Roblox to know about the issue they mistakenly made.

• If a bug report was already made It will let the user making the report know to prevent duplicate reports.

Honestly the only Pros I can give since I don’t even have access to it.

Cons

• Members have no access to it,

• Like c’mon guys were developers too. We have hundreds of things we can be sending in as a bug but simply do not cause we hate the current method of reporting bugs. It’s simply inefficient, slow, and you have a very high chance of it not even being read.

• It takes forever for it to even get seen, we have to send it through @ Bug Support which ever since this update NEVER GETS READ

Additional Information

A few days ago I sent in a report on a UIPageLayout issue since it gets really annoying and tonight it still hasn’t been read so I was going to end up moving it to #development-discussion to get it seen and potentially moved to #bug-reports:studio-bugs but I come to find out I can’t even move it. So I ended up flagging my message which even then I don’t even know if an actual human reviewed it or if it was just an automated message.

Then I’m working on my game quite some distance away from the 0,0,0 origin and I’ve noticed very minor gaps in all my walls, At first I thought it was just me but I built something in a different studio then cloned it over to my main one with the map and It was fine at the 0,0,0 origin until I moved it to my building zone and it started making tiny gaps along the edges of the parts. I assumed it was the recent 0.001 minimum part size at first so I disabled it and It was still an ongoing issue but seeing as my other report was visibly ignored I’m not even gonna bother making another.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.