Can't edit games, randomly getting `Could not open the place "###" with exception: "Unable to open the place"`

No, I have no issues with my ROBLOX client. I just cannot access studio when this happens. The problem gets fixed after some time in studio, however I keep getting the error again and again.

Once I get the error code, it takes a really long time to get fixed by itself (without me doing anything). The fastest it got fixed was after 1 hour, longest i had to wait was more 1 Day+. I don’t know whats causing this, gets quite annoying considering its repetitive.

1 Like

Playing games as in testing mode in ROBLOX Studio?

If its playing games through ROBLOX Player Launcher, could you attach a screenshot of the error code. It’d be quite weird to get this error code on the ROBLOX client.

1 Like

I can confirm that this is still happening to me, it gets fixed much faster but it happens atleast twice a day for me on a daily basis. I have to wait about 2-3 before I can use studio again.

1 Like

Sadly, yes. It is still much better than waiting for a day or two (when this first started to happen). I hope we can get a fix for this soon.

1 Like

I can also confirm this happening to me, easy fix for me is to join open the game using the studio launcher, not through the Roblox site :slight_smile:

Good luck, hope this helps!

3 Likes

Still hasn’t received a full fix for it I assume. I am still getting the error code everyday atleast about 5+ times. I am only getting the error code when I’m inside studio and it just crashes randomly at random times. It gets fixed quite fast. However, I now have to keep saving my work before I start editing my base scripts as every change I make for testing purposes gets saved when the crash occurs. Hope this gets fixed soon.

1 Like

I don’t seem to have this problem, but I hope it gets fixed soon!

1 Like

I have a similar issue, however I can’t load in a game (group game) and it just crashes “An unexpected error occured and Roblox needs to quit. We’re sorry!”. It works in other games but for some reason this ONE game I try to edit, it crashes. TC was put off and on still no effect.

I’m really mad right now as I should finish stuff before deadline which is soon.

3 Likes

That’s been happening to me as well for the past 2 months. It took me 20 minutes to finally get on Studio but then I crashed straight away.

2 Likes

Please make sure you are including information required by How to post a Bug Report

Namely:

I just encountered this bug today, I reinstalled ROBLOX and it got fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

I get the same error code mentioned in the title whilst im working on a project now. Once i restart studio, none of the materials, textures and animations dont load up. This gets fixed if I restart studio again.

1 Like

I’ve been locked out of studio for the past 4 hours yet again. Same error code, when i was working on my project. Seems like the issue got worse yet again.

I just reinstalled Studio, but the same thing keeps happening

1 Like

Its been over 4 months and this is still happening to me. I can’t get much done due to this. I hope Roblox releases a fix to this bug soon.

2 Likes

It could only be happening now possibly due to the site issues;

See this post

1 Like

Some of my team-creates games won’t open and just get stuck on a load screen. :frowning:

Error started happening again, found out something weird in the process. Connecting to a VPN immediately fixed the issue for me?. I dont know how this works, but it works. Let me know if it fixed the issue for you.

4 Likes

Hello! We’ve received reports that this issue is still occurring, and have filed a ticket to our internal database.

4 Likes

Please file new bug reports if this persists