Can't select parts in Roblox Studio

What is the Issue: I cannot select parts in Roblox Studio. I haven’t changed anything with my game when it comes to building, yet somehow my selecting is broken. The only way I can select is using the explorer or dragging the select tool across the entire part, which isn’t ideal for building inside models, or trying to select small parts. I’ve found multiple threads about this but none of them work. It’s also for one singular game, which is even more strange. There are no locked parts, and I even tried deleting all GUIs just in case if that was somehow interfering, however none of that helped.

12 Likes

Are you sure you have the selection tool clicked? sometimes I can’t select parts and then I realise I haven’t selected the tool.

2 Likes

Yep, it’s on and its still not working.

2 Likes

That’s strange then, I hope you find a solution.

2 Likes

Ok this may seem kinda stupid but try relaunching Studio before you try any other fixes. Tell me if anything unusual happens or something changes.

1 Like

Nothing, I’ve tried restarting, reinstalling, restarting my pc, and none of those solutions work.

1 Like

weirdProblem.rbxl (21.8 KB)

Here is a file that has this bug. It only happens on one game, so I tried copying the entire game over, and even after deleting everything in that game and leaving only two parts, this bug still stands. If you download this file, will the bug occur for you? I’m not sure why the bug only happens for a singular game, instead of all of them.

1 Like

Either your parts are locked or they’re all in a big model.

or some other weird glitch

1 Like

Unfortunately, none of the parts are locked, nor are they in a model.

2 Likes

Can you please press Alt then select the parts?

2 Likes

Doesn’t work. I’ve used alt to select things inside models since forever, and it just randomly broke today, along with selecting not working.

2 Likes

Did you reopened the Studio or reinstalled it? Or tried restarting your PC or Laptop?

1 Like

This has happened to me. The way I solved it was by contacting ROBLOX support. Yes I know what you are thinking, but they are quite helpful when it comes to dev problems. I was eventually able to select stuff again

1 Like

I’ll still attempt to contact Roblox Support, but what was the solution that they responded with?

2 Likes

It’s been quite a bit. I’ll try to find the email

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I am unable to find the emails

1 Like

Yep, I’ve tried them all. I’ve even tried deleting half my game and nothings worked.

1 Like

That’s fine, I’ll just contact them myself.

2 Likes

Hello, try to make a new place?
(Damn, this is really wierd)

1 Like

I have, and the bug is gone. Only one of my games has this bug, and I’ve tried making a copy of that game and the bug is still there.

2 Likes