Changes to Player List Icons

Would it be possible for the premium logo to turn dark with the name when a name is selected? I find it a bit hard to see when a name is selected. I also find the gold text on your name to be a bit hard on the eyes as well when your name is selected, but most people aren’t clicking their own name, so this should be less of a problem.

28 Likes

This change just went live for me today, and I honestly don’t like it. The first time I saw it was because I thought I had so many credits in a game because the highlight was yellow and seemed to act like valuable. I think this could be better with an icon showing it’s you or a better color for the highlight. Other than that I like the new changes.

15 Likes

Know of any way to remove the teams moving positions due to higher leaderstats? Seems like an unnecessary change especially in games that have fixed positioning teams.

17 Likes

Can there be a way to turn our highlighted name off in the playerlist?
It’s completely useless #1
#2 It’s annoying to see.

13 Likes

Issue here with the aligning as well.

15 Likes

This was previously possible via scripts. The team ordering system I had setup is now broken from this update.

9 Likes

I believe this update broke UI in some games, or was this behavior around before?

9 Likes

I’m not a fan of the yellow text on your name, I wish it was an option to choose the color or not to have it at all. I really don’t like the yellow color.

15 Likes

I’ve discovered a new issue facing me (with my other one stated above).

A group I’m apart of requires long leaderstat names, as our rank names are long. We have discovered that text is now capped at a very low level. The new playerlist doesn’t even work with twenty characters.

This update also added (imo ugly) dashes to teams

Looks like we’ll have to edit an older playerlist for our game :confused:

25 Likes

Over the past few days, people on the Scripting Helpers Discord have been extremely confused when their name is highlighted yellow. No one had a clue what it meant (being developers working on their games or testing games with not many people); most people thought it was the game owner, a developer, or a Premium member. I can imagine that the playerbase would catch on quicker, playing on bigger games, but it’s an issue for developers who do not play big games (or any at all).

I personally think scrolling down and flashing your player name on the list when you click your name on the Topbar would work the best. All the other improvements are great in my opinion, keep up the good work!

14 Likes

We want to get there, but likely to prioritize additional functionality for in-game chat.

18 Likes

What i think roblox could add to the player list is a custom color to people that have the permission to edit the game they’re in.

9 Likes

Perhaps instead of having the text be yellow for the players username we could instead add a new icon that would indicate that it is you. I think this would make it blend in nicer

8 Likes

Or even just bold it the player text. :woman_shrugging:

12 Likes

would like to change the color of my name… yellow looks bad imo, and to at least have some color somewhere… roblox went from colorful names, blue, red, whites on the website, now everything is black and grays… its… boring… like… im playing roblox here… not… office worker…

8 Likes

I think that this update is fine but it has flaws in it. Heres a few things I would change though:

• I definitely like the bold text idea rather than the highlighted username, it would be less harsh on the eyes and make it all-round look cleaner. Or instead, you could have it default bold and add a setting to make it gold.
  • As @TetraDev said, there should be ordering settings for teams. This will make it easier for us to make teams, rather than having to make them in the order they will appear.
  • A way to access this player list through a service, similar to the Chat service would be very appreciated. It would make customizing easy, rather than having to make a player list from scratch.
  • Easier way to make leaderstats rather than player.leaderstats, it’ll make things a lot easier.
  • I’d fix the issue with the teams being ordered from highest stats, it can be quite annoying.

This is what I personally would want to fix, but others may disagree.

13 Likes

I like the idea of making your username bold, but it would also be cool if the color matched the color of your name in chat instead of being plain yellow. For example:

15 Likes

While the idea sounds neat, some colours that players have are a lot lighter than Red or Yellow, such as Pink or that light Tan colour. If my name matched my chat colour, it’d make it difficult to see in some games.

6 Likes

That’s where bold text would come in.

6 Likes

Yeah, its ashame that I don’t think theres anyway to remove the team postion changing, its honestly super annoying when you spend 10 minutes getting the teams postioned how you want them and then roblox makes it not even work.

6 Likes