Character occasionally has extremely high jump

Videos:
https://streamable.com/b77cnv
https://streamable.com/kvcljw

Happening in my game and MM2 (both games have a gun attached to the hip)

System specs:
Intel(R) Core™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
Memory: 32.0 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Steps to reproduce:
1.) Join game
2.) Hold space bar

A private message is associated with this bug report

23 Likes

Can replicate the high jump with FPS unlocked, wasn’t able to with it locked to 60, but see a barely noticeable glitch in the arm rotations every few jumps.

4 Likes

Happening in my game as well, with FPS unlocker and without an FPS unlocker. In fact, this seems to occur more without an FPS unlocker in my case.

4 Likes

I can confirm that this issue occurs, particularly when using FPS unlockers. It’s crucial to address this engine bug or physics glitch promptly, as it can significantly impact gameplay, especially in obby games. I’ve noticed this problem occurring more frequently in my own game, where the character jumps approximately 100 studs or exactly that distance. I even recorded a clip of myself with the bug/glitch.

1 Like

This is happening in every single game. I’ve tested around with this and there’s a chance of when jumping; you can jump really high.

4 Likes

PS: This happens in every game no matter what. Not sure if it’s only with R6, but might happen with R15. Please fix this! This is abnormal, and I swear that this happens in mostly every game, even if it is configured differently. Update: This happens sometimes without FPS unlockers! Happens without voice-chat or camera games.
https://gyazo.com/58f0fb40c52c1c37b779cb1c32ecfb61.mp4

1 Like

Issue was replicated in a game with multiple players who were all in voice chat, with it seemingly occurring at random when jumping, regardless of setup or any other influence. This makes it seem to be entirely random chance. Game is R6.

2 Likes

Its happening in both R6 and R15

2 Likes

can concur, thought there was some wild bug in my game, found this thread

1 Like

I can confirm on my own game that it does work in R15

1 Like

Having the same issue with an R6 combat game where a sword is attached to a torso.

1 Like

I notice that it happens when jumping very fast

1 Like

This is also happening in playtests in Roblox Studio. It’s happening to me.

The only fps unlocker I have is the one that’s part of Bloxstrap, but as far as I know (i dont really know) Bloxstrap has no effect on Roblox Studio, only the Roblox player.

Does Studio have no fps limit? Cause im not sure

2 Likes

I can confirm that it’s also happening in studio for me. I’ve observed that if the FPS is higher, then the high jump has a higher chance of happening.

1 Like

Can confirm, happened to me in different games while they were R6. Happened a lot with FPS unlocker and I did it on a baseplate.

1 Like

I’ve just discovered something: I think they might’ve just changed the Animate script logic. If we take an old script of the Animate, and put it in the character, it works normally. If we take the new one as default, it has this glitch. So my question is, why did they do this? Did they even test this new logic? If we run a ‘diffchecker’ through these scripts, then the new Animate script’s logic is different. So… why isn’t this fixed?

Like what is this logic? Why did you have to change this?

It was perfectly fine before. I think I’ve figured out the cause, try to use the old Animate script for a temporary fix, not entirely sure, but just… why haven’t the engineers fixed this already?

5 Likes

Do you by any chance have “Adaptive Timestepping” enabled?

1 Like

I’ve seen reports of this in my game as well as other big games. It’s allowing people to cheat their way into certain spaces. Hope this gets patched real soon! (My game uses custom animate scripts. )

1 Like

I’ve never heard of that, could you elaborate?

1 Like

Physics Stepping Method

1 Like