Characters have a new part called 'NewHead'?

It might be a part inside your head. Would you try changing your whole avatar and seeing if this happens?

I changed my avatar to the basic ones which are typically free and now it has two NewHeads lol

skill issue
Looks like a roblox issue. I’ll check this later today and respond, if I’m getting this too then u might want to make a bug report.

1 Like

Alright! Thanks for the clarification!

I think this happens with older vehicle models and it won’t happen as often if you make or use a newer model.

Hmm… This doesn’t happen when I enter a car. It happens everytime I join a game!

Yeah, that’s sounds familiar. It happens a lot when using older car models or playing older games with vehicles. It normally only happens if you jump within a certain vicinity of the vehicle. So I think if you are spawning close to the car that might be why. Have you tried using a different car model or making a new one? I think that could fix it but I don’t know because I am semi new to game development. Other than that I don’t know what could be going wrong. Can you send me a screenshot of each script in the vehicle? I’ll get back to you later about it.

Umm… I don’t think this issue is related to cars. Everytime I jump towards the invisible NewHead part, it flings me. It happens in an empty baseplate too! I don’t think vehicle models or scripts would have anything to do with it.

It’s definitely a bug though. It happens quite often

I agree, and it must be fixed!

When did this start occurring? Like before or after you got in the car. And can you send screenshots of the car’s scripts?

Like I said, it is nothing to do with the car or it’s scripts. I fixed this by looping through the character model and destroying the ‘NewHead’ part. I am not sure when I first noticed this bug, but it must have been around a month or so ago.

Ok, then it is definitely a bug, it’s probably best to do a bug report. I’ll check if I can replicate the issue on my own and make a work around for if it randomly happens while in game. I might not be able to get anywhere with it though.

For anyone facing this issue, just put this code inside a server script:

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)

local character = player.Character or player.Character:Wait()
      for i, v in pairs(character:GetChildren()) do
           if v.Name == "NewHead" then
                v:Destroy()
           end
      end

end)
1 Like

I don’t know why but Roblox does not allow me to issue bug reports :frowning:

Ok, I’ll check to see if I can issue one later, right now I gotta start heading to school

1 Like

Cant seem to reproduce it. @Lightning_Game27 I think it might just be a problem on your side, idk.

1 Like

Bug reports are super broken on this forum with no sign of being fixed.

I asked about it before and got this info:

Hi there, thanks for reaching out!

To learn the requirements regarding how to level-up on the DevForum please refer to this thread:

How to level up on the Roblox Developer Forum

If you have a bug report you’d like for our engineers to take a look at, we ask that you first search #platform-feedback and its sub-categories to make sure someone hasn’t already made a post about the same thing! Once you’ve confirmed that your bug report is not a duplicate, you can file it by sending it in a message to @Bug-Support.

When you send your message, please remember to follow the format and guidelines we provide for you in the following topic as closely as possible:

How to post a Bug Report

If you want to submit a feature request please follow everything above, however, please send your message to @DevEngagementTeam

Thanks for working with us to improve the platform! If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out. :smile:

Regards,
Developer Engagement Team

tl;dr: send a message to @Bug-Support

You’re probably just part of a partial beta rollout or something.

Shouldn’t he be normally informed in private/dms then? Or does Roblox not do that?

I think they just do slow rollouts of new features sometimes, like maybe 10% of people (randomly chosen) will get a feature for a month or two to see if there’s any really bad bugs that they missed in small scale tests.