Chat bubbles cutting off

Hi,
In a game I’m creating chat bubbles are acting in an unexpected way, in that they quite often just cut off the last word or two of a sentence. This affects all players and also affects NPC dialog bubbles.
I’ve searched far and wide for someone else experiencing the same problem but all I could find was a mobile bug that was patched ages ago.
O
Attached is a picture of the issue, I attempt to say “Ok” but the bubble displays “O”
Thanks in advance

10 Likes

Might be a vas roblox problems it happened in games such as group recruiting plaza, trade hangout, and even jailbreak!

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply. I’ve also seen it occasionally in other games. If it is a Roblox issue I hope it gets patched

Yeah not sure what is effecting it as of right now.

1 Like

Omg yes. This is a HUGE problem! It’s been happening to me very often. Even when I want to say yes, it cuts off. I wonder what is causing it. :thinking:

4 Likes

I believe it’s due to the new future is bright lighting and new studio updates.

3 Likes

This happens in all games. Sometimes it just decides itself to take off letters. I honestly don’t know why or how it does this but I know for a fact that it is just a decision that the chat origin is making.

5 Likes

I’ve been receiving this problem on and off recently. Hopefully a fix rolls out soon though, because its pretty annoying.

4 Likes

Roblox bubble chat has been deprecated and you can expect many bugs. You should create your own bubblechat

3 Likes

Normally I just have to type a sentence once and now I have to repeat the last few words! It’s really annoying because I have to type more and people don’t understand.

3 Likes

I wasn’t aware it had been officially deprecated? Was a post made about this?

2 Likes

How are we supposed to create our own Bubble Chat? Also, what is the point of Roblox deprecating one of the most valuable feature on the entire Roblox platform?

2 Likes

I agree it is very useful to have. While creating our own bubble chat with BillboardGui is possible it would be very convenient to still have the classic bubble chat that people know and love
Edit: The game I’m making is also sort of an RP game and we’re using bubble chat for proximity chat, so we can’t just fall back to classic chat.

1 Like

Another thing is that it’s not going to be easy for non scripters to create their own Bubble Chat. They might as well just use the Deprecated Bubble Chat instead of make their own unless someone Open Sources one.

If it really comes to it I could make my own bubble chat. If I do I might open source it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:smiley:

2 Likes

I am having the same issue on every game I play that supports the default bubble chat. You could fix this yourself by opening the BubbleChat localscript and modifying the textlabel’s size.

Edit: Someone has already posted a message about this in the Engine Bugs section, hopefully this bug can get fixed soon: Bubble Chat on mobile (and desktop?) cuts off

Edit 2: Looks like Roblox has acknowledged and getting this bug sorted! :tada:

2 Likes

This is so annoying. This won’t be a big problem for games with a chat board, but game without it, it’s a kind of being a big problem. You can’t even say “Ok”. It just gets cut off to " O ".

2 Likes

Nowday I’m having the issue that roblox bubble chat is cutting a WORD instead of a letter sometimes when I try to say something. And it’s kind of annoying that bubble chat is getting worse. There are some developers that started creating own bubble chat to fix this issue, but it still bad that the predeterminated bubble chat of roblox is cutting words in game. I hope roblox fix this bug soon as it is getting worse.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s getting ridiclous. Roblox should’ve fixed it by now.

2 Likes