Chat with Voice Developer Beta

I’d imagine you’d have to:

A) Verify your age with the ID verification when it rolls out to you.
or
B) It’s a bug, which is also a possibility

1 Like

Kinda confused by ID Cards…

Are military ID cards a valid option?

1 Like

Well, as the current “Spatial Voice Chat” is in BETA, we’d probably get more customization in the near or not so near future,

I also really hope we can have TEAM Voice Chat and those kinds of customization abilities. Heck, being able to change every major customizable and possible thing like how you mute/unmute, block, etc.

1 Like

To what I understood from the post and replies, it’s any kind of Government Identification.

1 Like

This feature which we’ve been awaiting for a long time is a good addition to Roblox, players who do not want to type out whole paragraphs in chat will especially appreciate it. However, I think there might be some big issues with moderating the voice chat after it will eventually roll out for open public.

I can Use My phone number To verify To the voice chat?.

1 Like

This is a good question, I have put literally all information possible on my DevEx portal so I’m curious if it’s still a necessity to do this?

No, because I’m pretty sure someone under 13 can have one, and how could you verify by phone either way?

4 Likes

Bruh, lemme get this rq, fr though, it’d be nice to have

1 Like

At first I thought it was the former, but, considering many devs in this thread still have access, I believe it’s the latter. If so, I hope it’s fixed soon, as I was planning on testing it in one of my games.

1 Like

Then they won’t be able to voice chat because their parents won’t let them. That’s not a big deal. Their parents have a right.

1 Like

Who is “we”? I never said you could speak for me, or other people.

1 Like

Roblox will get in legal trouble if they share this type of information, if you check in the blog post they said they dont compile this information, but if they lied and they actually do compile this info they can get sued for millions of dollars.

3 Likes

Read through the other replies. Youll see many others saying they dont feel comfortable sharing their personal information. I said ‘we’ because there are multiple people saying exactly what i did. That it needs to much information.

And i wasn’t speaking for you. Or anyone else. Chill.

Yes, They cannot record what we say without breaking privacy laws. this was talked about in a video by Koneko when it originaly was confirmed.

1 Like

Is there a way one can mute a speaker server-wide, instead of it being done on a client basis?

This is the greatest update i’ve ever seen and I can’t wait to test it, keep working on!

1 Like

Id hope so. If someone was just dropping slurs or harassing someone id like to be able to mute them. I hope muting server wide will be an option.

1 Like

This sounds like a great addition to roblox, but what stops someone from just having a discord server and a bot that move people to channels according to where they are? I know it’s been done before (look on youtube) because some people might not want to show id’s to a 3rd party service. I’m not trying to cook up an argument, but some people might want to keep that information private, so they opt for the discord server instead.

5 Likes

Your statement directly contradicts the Privacy Policy. Let’s take a look shall we?

When you request or agree to voice based services from Roblox.
With your consent, we may collect, process and store your voice recording to provide services and to increase the safety of our voice related services. We may use your voice recording for purposes such as training and improving our filter technology to increase the safety on our platform, except that we will not engage in these activities with private server voice chat recordings of EEA users.

Source: Roblox’s Privacy Policy

This is why verification is made, so they don’t collect any data on children.

1 Like