Chat with Voice Developer Beta

Well, we definitely aren’t able to even enable it in studio to see if any scripts work for beta and or just verified players. It would be wonderful if we can catch our own voices and privately. Sorry if this sounds demanding or rude, I’d just be nice to have.

1 Like

Will there be support to add audio filters in our game now? Voice Distortion, etc…

This still happens as of writing this, can someone make a bug report/feature request?

2 Likes

Yes, Roblox is planning on increasing the limit to 50 Players this was mentioed in RDC21.

In RDC21 this were mentioned:

• Users will be able to see Voice enabled games as a sorted category

• Voice Chat feature will be increased to 50 Players currently you need to have your max player count to 30 in order to enable spatial voice

2 Likes

A lot of players in Thailand having issue about age verification system. Players are unable to verify their age. They had took their document’s photo and a selfie. While waiting for verification to be completed by Veriff (approx 10 minutes+), they got error on Roblox website for verification took too long.

However, after that Veriff verification completes but Roblox website already declare that the verification took too long.

4 Likes

When using spatial voice, people can hear me fine, but I can’t hear them.

I confirmed that they are talking and fine. Whenever I switch to mobile, I can hear the players. Just not on PC. As said: They hear me, I can’t hear them. I can only hear them on Mobile, not PC.

3 Likes

Please check your Audio Output and Input to able to hear the User’s on Spatial Voice. If it doesn’t work kindly reinstall your Roblox Client or if You’re using the Roblox Beta App reinstall it.

It was none of that. I am not using the beta app either. Changing the audio output also changes the game’s sound output so it won’t change anything.

You should Probably report this on Support Team as they can Assist you in your Issue.

“MAKE A PHOTO OF YOUR ID
Internal Russian Federation citizen passport not accepted”

Amazing.

I can’t even verify my age because the service you are using doesn’t accept russian passports for no apparent reason. Is there any other way?

4 Likes

For those that live outside the US. It seems as if the age verification is tailored towards the US, I would recommend trying to contact their support as they may or may not still accept IDs from other countries but have not been able to integrate it yet.

1 Like

Here is a list of documents accepted by Veriff by country.

Bruh? That seems like a big lie. I have taken multiple pictures of my passport and all of them were denied.
Welp, I guess I’ll just have to keep trying till it works.

1 Like

Turns out it actually works! I just had to take a picture of my passport from unnaturally far away.

1 Like

Nevermind actually! It made me wait on the verification page with the spinning things for like 5 minutes and then told me something was wrong. I tried doing the process again and now it doesnt accept my passport under any condition. Very cool

1 Like

Way ahead of you
I heard at RDC that they initially started to work on it a bit, but it quickly got back-burner’d by more important things. not sure where it stands as of now sadly :confused:

2 Likes

Overall, lots of people have their own opinions and arguments on whether the Spatial Voice Chat should exist and if Roblox made the right system for it.

Some people think the Spatial Voice Chat is good, and some people think its bad.
Some people think that it would be good if they didn’t require a Age Restriction.

So, I feel like I should create poll to attempt to settle this. Vote:

Did Roblox made a good move by adding Spatial Voice Chat to the platform?
  • Yes. Spatial Voice Chat is perfect idea.
  • No. It should be removed.
  • Spatial Voice Chat would be better without Age Verification
  • Other

0 voters

4 Likes

I scanned my passport and took a selfie, yet it’s stuck at the “Verifying you” stage. The first time I did it, it stayed that way for 3 hours and a half. This is my second time doing it and it has been stuck at the same stage for an hour, my passport and everything is accepted. Not sure what the problem is or if the time interval is supposed to be that way?

Update :: Nevermind, repeated it once again and it finally verified. Only problem now is, I don’t have the Spatial Voice option even though I’m in the Beta Program.

2 Likes

No. It should’ve been much faster. Mine took 30 seconds.

1 Like

Yay, new API! When can we expect more documentation that will let developers do more with the voice chat feature?

2 Likes