Chat with Voice Developer Beta

I found a workaround on how to change the positioning of the mic icon. Apparently it uses the same system as Roblox’s new bubble chat, so here’s the script I used that allowed me to make it be above the custom gui and the background of it is also transparent. You must not be using bubble chat in your game for this to work.

pcall(function() 
    game:GetService("Chat"):SetBubbleChatSettings(
        {Transparency = 1, VerticalStudsOffset = 1.5}
    ) 
end)
4 Likes

Yes. It looks like my poll is working!

If you haven’t voted look at my reply above :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same issue here, no idea how to fix it.

2 Likes

How? How did you follow the process specifically?

1 Like

I did exactly what the instructions told me to do. Nothing different.

You must’ve done something wrong on your end. Maybe you didn’t have the right lighting or something.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who isn’t being verified? I tried yesterday and did the whole process and it told me I was done and could close the tab, a day later I don’t have the option and theres nothing telling me it’s pending or anything like that, so I tried again today, and it still doesn’t work?

1 Like

Is it possible to have a way to detect if a user is speaking and if so, how loud they are talking?

I think if we can have this feature it can allow games that can be controlled entirely based on your voice.

(Such as a game where a monster chases you and can hear you speak.)

2 Likes

voice chat is by far one of the best roblox updates

some of my experiences with it:

1. mini concert it was a blast. didn’t last long though since voice chat kept on breaking
  2. had a group conversation about random topics
3 Likes

Anyone been able to use a Birth Certificate as a form of verification? I have no other available forms as ID Cards are just barely out of my reach, and Passports cost $190 or so, and I’m not going anywhere for a while.

2 Likes

What will moderation consist of for users with spatial voice enabled? Will Roblox attempt to stop people swearing and using slurs in game, and if so how will it be censored?

2 Likes

I followed everything the best I could! I turned up my lights! I watched for glare! I held the phone still! I aligned my passport with the frame! I avoided covering up any info! I made sure my face and neck were visible!

I also have a vertical/portrait Learner Permit. I tried taking it both horizontally and vertically. Both failed. The barcode step took long to turn green but turned green each time!

1 Like

Voice Chat seems to be broken on macOS, (or at least my setup which uses a USB microphone). It works but glitchy for about a minute for about 1/20 of the times you join the game, and from then on you’re just silent, the green microphone appears, but completely silent.

1 Like

I’m now seeing the queue screen on my phone. I didn’t see the queue screen at all yesterday.

I thought the queue screen appearing meant things got fixed.

The final verification is still taking too long and turning up the aformentioned “Sorry, the verification process took too long. Please refresh the page and try again.”

2 Likes

I thought voice chat would be cool to have, this is just a complete nightmare.

The game I am currently playing in many kid’s are swearing, flirting, racism, etc. this is a complete mess, and honestly this is the worst update that has ever dropped.

Does Roblox have any way of moderating any of voice chat’s at all? I mean the toxicity, and racism is completely out of hand.

I would send a video, but that’d be breaking ToS, and I don’t want to get reported for it, nor banned from the forums.

5 Likes

The selfie needs to match the ID’s photo as well as possible
I tried that and then it literally verified immediately

Glasses off
Smile if the ID photo shows a smile
etc

Shame that it repeatedly asks me to allow to use my camera
Shame that the flashlight is deactivated
Shame the instructions were rather unclear

3 Likes

My opinion on voicechat is not going to be a popular one at all. truthfully yeah i thought it could be a cool feature to have atleast for the adults on roblox so when it was rumored to be a 18+ feature i was like hm not a bad move but ofcourse it was later announced to be a 13+ feature. my first thoughts on that was wow that dont seem wise half the kids i see swearing in normal chat bypassing the chat filter claim to be 15/16 year olds and roblox thinks 13 year olds can be trusted with a voice chat feature with no filter… then ofcourse i thought well maybe roblox knows something i dont maybe they thought this threw lets see how it goes. its been out a couple of days now in public hands and most games i been to that support it has not been a promising experience i have been to games where there doing nothing but swearing because they can because its something new, unfiltered a novelty. they no longer need to come up with clever ways to bypass the chat filters to cuss at each other they can just say it out loud. another experience i witnessed someone whom by there voice i assume to be a child likely 14/15 proposition a adult woman for relations and thats putting it politely the language used was vulgar. is this what roblox see’s as a safe gaming environment for child? i mean seriously was this even thought threw because judging by what i have seen and heard over the last few days it probably hasnt been. kids propositioning adults for relations… it could of been the other way around and there would be no evidence of it in the chatlogs nothing to screenshot nothing to prove it. sure its a good feature but it seems to be more of a risk than anything else. im sorry to the 13+ community here my opinion is not going to be liked but the last few days in my opinion has shown clearly that 13 year olds are not responsible enough to use voice chat responsibly.

7 Likes

Still waiting for the ability to change the proximity range and be able to make team chat with it. Also waiting for a way to detect if someone is speaking (not just that they can speak)

4 Likes

im pretty sure it just means the State ID

2 Likes

It probably showed you this screen.

This whole age verification thing is buggy and broken.

4 Likes

Due to significant interest in sign ups for our Spatial Voice beta, some users were experiencing long wait times when trying to age verify. We realize that this is not an ideal user experience. As a temporary measure, we are reducing the number of eligible users who will be able to verify their age on their accounts while we work through the outstanding requests and ensure we are ready to receive new requests.

If your account was previously age verified, you can still opt-in or continue to use the Spatial Voice chat beta feature within voice-enabled experiences. We will gradually re-increase access to age verification over the next few weeks and will continue to share updates here as the rollout progresses. For more information on age verification, please see the Age ID Verification help article.

In the meantime, please feel free to comment below or reach out if you have any questions.

Edit Nov 16:

We have re-enabled age verification for all users!

Before you start the age verification process, ensure that you have all accepted documents ready. Note that school IDs, military IDs, and certain domestic passports are not accepted at this time.

We expect wait times to be no more than a few minutes , even during peak hours. Once you begin a session, please be patient in the queue until it is your turn to submit verification; if you exit the session, you will lose your spot in the queue .

36 Likes