Chat with Voice Developer Beta

Hello!

I was invited to spatial voice chat September 16th weeks before age verification was rolled out, I am still able to use voice chat freely on any game that have enabled the feature, though my age is not verified.

Is this intended (which I hope it is) or is this just an oversight? (which I hope it is not)

2 Likes

Is ID Verification planned to be long-term? Iā€™m not sure how well this will age with Roblox being the only gaming platform using ID Verification to use voice chat when their tons of other viable options that donā€™t require that.

Plus to top it off was the fact a personā€™s face looks completely different from our younger years compared to when weā€™re older, would it really be worth the hassle to get our IDs updated (if you arenā€™t over 18) just to gain access to a voice chat system?

Personally, Iā€™m not a fan of the ID verification, Maybe for other things such as forum access (would be a shame Iā€™d lose access to that as well) or the talent hub but for things that would benefit the platform entirely I feel ID verification for voice chat is a tad bit overboard.

Iā€™d like to hear other peopleā€™s opinions about other alternatives as I donā€™t believe ID verification is a good long-term solution.

4 Likes

Thank you, now I can go back to use my video for verifying age on the accounts I want without problems.
For some reasons, all my accounts are still able to do the verification normally, and the verification is still not working (works but Roblox isnā€™t saying that Iā€™m verified), so I think that update isnā€™t done yet.

3 Likes

Is the maximum server size for Voice-eligible games planned to be increased? 30 is quite restrictive.

Will it ever be possible to verify using the same ID on different accounts? I understand that this goes against some of the points of verification, but many developers, including myself, use alt accounts for things such as holding groups and for playing games with IRL friends. Being unable to verify on those secondary accounts is a bit of a bummer.

If you change your age, is it possible to re-verify? The FAQ page says that itā€™s possible, but if you go to do it, a pop-up appears saying that you wonā€™t be able to verify again. Itā€™s a bit conflicting.

1 Like

Iā€™ve verified my age probably ten times now and no matter what I do it wonā€™t save. What do I do?

2 Likes

Age Verification is broken and is not functioning the correct way. Just wait a week or so then try again! Or wait for Roblox to reply in this post to notify it is back up and running.

2 Likes

I figured. I tried doing it again and got stuck in an infinite loop of verification not working. Canā€™t even restart.

4 Likes

My account was previously age verified but I canā€™t opt-in or continue to use the Spatial Voice chat beta feature within voice-enabled experiences.

Before:

After:

2 Likes

Brilliant addition to Roblox! Unrelated, but it would be nice to see them push to release VideoFrames for everyone now

2 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s a good idea as the ability to opt on or opt out of a game help maintain a causal fun level of play and restrict some games e.g the role play genre to certain age groups stoping younger users to be included my solution would be to make a speech to text.

2 Likes

Can we please get some proper API documentation and support for things like team-chat and detecting people who are actively speaking and the ability to get rid of the microphone bubble over your characterā€™s head and the ability to change the range of voice without screwing up our entire soundscape?

Iā€™ve been mentioning that we need this sort of functionality ever since the beta was announced. Not every game on Roblox is a chat-and-hangout type game.

3 Likes

Iā€™m glad I found this. Iā€™m also having similar issues that can only be resolved by switching headsets/IO methods. My headset normally uses a USB adapter, but when I have it connected I cannot hear others. However, if I plug the headset directly into my system via the audio jack, then I can hear others.

3 Likes

awesome. there was some problems, but iā€™ll see

1 Like

I was suspended and I was wondering how long will it take to be accessible again, does anyone know?

7 Likes

Iā€™ve contacted Roblox about this and they told me itā€™s because Spatial Voice isnā€™t available/supported in my region. So it probably is the same case for you.

2 Likes

Why is my verification taking forever?

4 Likes

I was suspended too, I donā€™t know why but I wanted them to show me where I went wrong and also my studio is blocking me

2 Likes

It also displayed as null for me when I was suspended, but it turns out I had access again after 24 hours; so not all voice-chat suspensions are permanent.

3 Likes

So I havenā€™t been able to find a clear answer on this, but does Roblox care about people using soundboards if theyā€™re not violating community rules? Iā€™m not planning on using it to bypass any sort of flagging program, however, I like trolling people and want to know before they start suspending my access.

3 Likes

Can we use 2 same id for 2 different accounts?

3 Likes