Client to respect changing audio devices

This has always been a problem for users and it’s very frustrating, saying I was using speakers in-game and suddenly plugged in aux headphones every single application would instantly switch over to the headphones but ROBLOX doesn’t.

It will stay on the same audio output device until you close studio OR the player which is insanely frustrating so my proposal is to allow audio device switching in studio and the client and choosing of the audio device. In the client it would be handy to have an in-game audio device option to switch between something like my situation bluetooth headphones, hdmi and headphones which I do a lot of during the day.

I think this area should be broken into ‘audio settings’ with a slimmer volume bar and audio output device selection (bonus with speaker test but not really needed)

Studio it would be nice if it was next to the audio mute button because that’s logically the best place to put it

14 Likes

I’m going to re-surface this again because I feel it’s becoming and important factor to my workflow when switching between bluetooth devices and in-built laptop speakers. It’s such a simple but lovely/helpful feature to add/work on.

4 Likes