ClipPhone Updates (Current: ClipPhone v1.0 - Squirrel)

New version v1.0 Squirrel
Downloads:
Clippsly Roster Download: Here
Roblox Toolbox: Here

Version v0.9 Cottontail
Downloads:
Clippsly Roster Download: Here

Version v0.8 Puffin
Downloads:
Direct Download: Here

Version v0.7 Pixie
Downloads:

Version v0.6
Downloads :

Hello Roblox developers!

We’re excited to announce the release of ClipPhone v0.5, packed with exciting new features and improvements to enhance your Roblox phone experience. Let’s dive into the details of what’s changed:

ClipMessage Text Filtering: We’ve implemented an Roblox’s text filtering system within ClipMessage. Messages that do not pass the chat filtering will no longer be sent, ensuring a safer and more enjoyable communication environment. Users will now receive a server message notifying them when a message fails the text filtering process.
image (23)

Global Dark Mode: Say hello to a sleek and immersive experience with the introduction of Global Dark Mode. Enjoy a consistent dark theme across all apps, reducing eye strain and creating a visually stunning interface. We’ve also added an outline to the Dynamic Continent, ensuring visibility and usability in Dark Mode.

App Changes: Several apps have undergone exciting transformations to improve usability and functionality:

1. App Store: The layout of the App Store has been revamped, providing a more intuitive and streamlined browsing experience.

2. ClipMessage: The new feature called stickers have been added, you can now send cool stickers with just one click.

3. Tweaks: Discover the latest features and enhancements in the revamped Tweaks app. Stay ahead of the game and explore new possibilities with ease.

4. Clippify: We’re thrilled to announce the official release of the Clippify app! Enjoy an expanded library of five additional tracks, allowing you to immerse yourself in your favorite tunes while using the ClipPhone.

5. Settings: The Settings app has undergone a facelift, offering improved customization options and easier navigation to tailor your ClipPhone experience to your liking.

6. Notifications: Stay on top of things with the redesigned Notifications layout. Never miss an important update or message again.

Minor Changes: In addition to the major updates mentioned above, we’ve made some smaller tweaks to enhance user experience:

• Time Display: Find the time conveniently located at the upper left corner.
    image image

• Safari App: The Safari app has been temporarily removed. We are working on improving its functionality and will bring it back in a future update.

Try out ClipPhone v0.5 now and enjoy the benefits of enhanced text filtering, Global Dark Mode, and improved app layouts. Stay connected, stay organized, and make the most out of your Roblox experience with ClipPhone!

Let us know your thoughts and feedback in the comments below. Your input helps us shape the future of the ClipPhone.

Downloads:

Happy developing!

~ SG at Clippsly

42 Likes

can’t you just edit your post instead of making a new topic…

13 Likes

how hard would it be to modify the ui to look like other phones, dont want to do an Apple based phone, and rather something custom

6 Likes

Good question. I am pretty sure that you could adjust some of the colors and sizes of the base model, but everything appears to be managed and set in with scripts…

4 Likes

Hi Werty,

It would not be hard at all, it just requires some minor UI and code changes.

Here is an example of Windows Phone UI based on ClipPhone:

It’s just a concept and to make it work i would probably need to make bigger edits when it comes to animations, because the whole ClipPhone UI bases on the “Swipe”:

So basically I would need to make it as much identical to control buttons and UI elements Windows Phone used to offer:
I miss Windows Phone 😢 by Rost Oso on Dribbble

Best,
~ SG

6 Likes

Hi again,

I’ve tried to complete the Windows Phone UI based on ClipPhone, here are the results:

Good luck on customizing,
~ SG

6 Likes

This is good news, want to try and mix Android (namely Samsung’s One UI as im used to it) and Windows based phones, sharp edges, more rugged type of phone ui, fits my game more.

6 Likes

Hi,

if you need any help just hit me up on dc: SG Is Here#5578, I’ll help you with difficulties if you have some and help you understand the ClipPhone more.

Best,
~ SG

6 Likes

you have an post there before, edit that post instead of making a new one or people will flag your post as “Spam”

5 Likes

Hi,

I understand, didn’t mean to “Spam” as now I understand how forum works (my first week here), I’m really sorry for that, it won’t happen again.

Best,
~ SG

6 Likes

didn’t you make an account on the devforums at May 5th, 2020?

4 Likes

I got access to posts week ago. But I’ve been on Dev Forum before just reading and looking for good posts that could help me.

7 Likes

Hi,

working on customized versions of ClipPhone’s, which will be included in the next Update (v0.6).

The ClipPhone’s which will be released are:

1. Base clipOS (iOS)

2. WinfinityUI (Windows Phone) WinfinityLogo

3. CLUI (Android OneUI) CLUI_Logo

This is presentation of the new UI’s:

Still working on them but I think they should be ready in couple of days! The 2 of new base UI’s will increase posibilities when it comes to customization.

Best,
~ SG

4 Likes

Who was involved in making this? You mentioned in a recent reply about not knowing much about scripting in the game, although a project like this would need more knowledge than what you claim to have about scripting. Is it only you that developed this? is there a team? Just curious.

Overall, this is an excellent resource for the community. Thank you for all of the hard work that was put into this, it looks and feels fantastic.

Some questions for you:

• What does the future of this look like? Will there be other applications/features that allow more freedom for the developer?
  • For developers making their own apps, as I have just tried, there is little to no inclusivity for creation. It is very difficult to blend a new app into the default apps. I would recommend at least some sort of module that would allow developers to grab and call different events and/or functions that would be more “globalized”. Are there any plans to update this portion of the code?

I personally can’t wait for the different UI designs. I am unsure of how you will implement this (it looks like you already have somehow) with the current setup.

Keep working on this, please! It is a great asset for the community and will definitely be used!

Fittergem1000 || CStudio - Team lead

4 Likes

Hi Jack,

I’m the only one involved in the project ClipPhone, I’ll reply to your questions:

You mentioned in a recent reply about not knowing much about scripting in the game
I have medium lua knowledge and I’ve worked before with some little studios and I’ve learned much from it haha.

What does the future of this look like? Will there be other applications/features that allow more freedom for the developer?
The whole project is about customizability on the developer’s side, the applications I’m providing you could compare to something called “stock apps” on e.g. AOSP, just default premade apps which you can edit or even make your own. In the future with the update v0.6 there will be 2 more models including WinfinityUI and CLUI which will expand posibilities with ClipPhone’s customization. Also with update v0.6 there will be new way to use the “Dynamic Continent” with new square notifications, also we are replacing the only notification system with the remotes so it will be easier to use it.

For developers making their own apps, as I have just tried, there is little to no inclusivity for creation. It is very difficult to blend a new app into the default apps. I would recommend at least some sort of module that would allow developers to grab and call different events and/or functions that would be more “globalized”. Are there any plans to update this portion of the code?
With next update I’ll include the blank app which will be fully customazible and with new notification system it will be way easier to use it, as I’m doing the project by myself It’s really hard to even think of that, but in general making the ClipPhone apps should be very easy, it really requires little knowledge in lua and UI to build one. Here you can see the preview of new notification system:

Update soon!

Thanks for the questions,
~ SG

2 Likes

Nice project but could you post it as a model in toolbox?

1 Like

Hello Roblox developers!

We are thrilled to announce the release of ClipPhone v0.6, an update that brings a range of exciting features and improvements to enhance your Roblox phone experience. Let’s dive into the details of what’s changed:

New Notification System : We are proud to introduce a revamped notification system in ClipPhone v0.6. Sending notifications across all ClipPhone models has never been easier. Utilize the provided RemoteEvent to send notifications using customizable templates. Here’s an example code snippet to get you started:

local RS = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage")
local remoteEvent = RS.Island.NotificationNormal 
--You can use different type of notifications made for your UI e.g. WinNotif.Notification or CLUINotif.Notification

local notificationText = "Hello World!" -- Replace with the desired notification text
		local notificationImage = "rbxassetid://123456789" -- Replace with the desired notification icon

-- Trigger the remote event with the notification information
		remoteEvent:FireServer(notificationText, notificationImage)

The notifications on all ClipPhone UI’s are fully customazible, that means you can edit how the notification is being displayed and how will it react to the remote.

Introducing New UIs: WinfinityUI and CLUI: ClipPhone v0.6 introduces two new UI options, offering enhanced customization possibilities.

WinfinityUI: Experience a Windows Phone-inspired UI with the new WinfinityUI. Designed with simplicity and elegance in mind, this UI brings a fresh look to the ClipPhone. Take advantage of its exclusive features, including a splash screen that displays your app’s icon upon opening, and easily customizable app icons.

CLUI : Immerse yourself in Samsung’s OneUI-inspired CLUI, another new addition to ClipPhone. Featuring a minimalistic design and improved functionality, the CLUI includes the convenience of Quick Settings, allowing you to access frequently used tools with ease.

CLUI is a minimal change for the ClipPhone which shows how much you can change by simply editing some base parts of the ClipPhone.

Updates to Base ClipPhone (clipOS) : The base ClipPhone model has also received some exciting enhancements in v0.6:

New Square Notification : Enjoy the versatility of the Square Notification feature, which allows you to incorporate different types of notifications into your app. Customize the appearance and behavior of these notifications to provide a unique user experience.

Creating a ClipPhone App: We’ve also provided a step-by-step guide on creating your own ClipPhone app to help you get started:

1. Designing the UI: Start by designing the user interface (UI) for your ClipPhone app within Roblox Studio. Create a blank frame that serves as the foundation for your app, ensuring it has the required dimensions and elements.
  2. Adding the App to the AppManager: Create an AppManager frame or use an existing one within Roblox Studio. Place your blank app frame inside the AppManager frame to include it as one of the apps in the ClipPhone UI.
  3. Creating the WallButton: Design a wallbutton within Roblox Studio, located in the Wallpaper > Apps section. This wallbutton will visually represent your ClipPhone app within the UI.
  4. WallButton Functionality: Duplicate the local script from the “WallButtonsFunctionality” folder and customize it to fit your app’s requirements. This script provides the necessary functionality for wallbuttons in the ClipPhone UI.
  5. Linking the App and WallButton: Associate the wallbutton with your ClipPhone app to enable launching when players click on it in the UI. This linkage ensures a seamless user experience.
  6. Testing and Refinement: Thoroughly test your ClipPhone app within Roblox Studio, ensuring that both the wallbutton and app functionality meet your expectations. Make any necessary adjustments or refinements based on your testing results.

Upgrade to ClipPhone v0.6 now to explore the new UI options, enjoy the enhanced notification system, and create your own ClipPhone apps with ease. We can’t wait to see the incredible creations you come up with!

As always, we value your feedback and suggestions. Share your thoughts in the comments below and let us know how ClipPhone v0.6 is enhancing your Roblox development journey.

Downloads :

Happy developing!
~ SG

2 Likes

Hi Paulo,

Just did :smiley:

Best,
~ SG

1 Like

Tysm!

Thanks for the clarification. I was under the impression that you had minimal knowledge with Lua. Again, just curious.

With the update, I am extremely impressed. This is outstanding work and something that I would love to share and use.

Again, please keep working on this! It is a great asset and something that would be incredibly useful to the public.

Thanks!
–Fittergem1000 || CStudio - Team lead

2 Likes