[Closed] Accelerator Partnership - Recruiting A Builder

Hello! Our Accelerator team is seeking a builder to join us for the upcoming Fall 2020 Accelerator Program.

Requirements for applying to this team:

• You must be 18 years or older to apply (due to the requirements of the accelerator program)
  • You must be able to work with the team to complete a demo project prior to the June 24 application deadline (as suggested by this post).

Due to the time constraints associated with creating a demo project prior to June 24, the cutoff deadline for team applications is 2020-06-13T18:00:00Z.

The Team

@Grargror - Programming & Project Lead (Portfolio)
@TheOriginalGMW - Programmer & Modeler (Portfolio)

Roles Being Filled:
@username - Building & Map Design

Contractors will be hired as needed for the following work:

• User interface
  • Graphic design
  • Sound

Desired Traits

• Strong communication and time management skills.
  • Good written and verbal English-language skills.
  • Capable of laying out and building maps, buildings, and environments
  • Able to build using a cartoony “low poly” (flat shaded) art style
  • Able to use lighting to bring out the best in your builds
  • Skills in modeling are a plus

The Project

The team is currently working on a round based game which we want to see on the platform because we want to play it ourselves! The game combines aspects of several popular genres in a way which we believe will make it simultaneously fresh and familiar. It’s a simple-to-grasp concept which should be quick-to-pick-up and play, but we also believe that it retains sufficient depth to make it something which players can enjoy for a long time.

The current plan is for the pre-application demo to be a prototype version of the project being pitched for the accelerator program.

Team Structure

• This team will be a partnership.
    • Each team member will receive an equal share in the revenue for the game produced.
    • If external contractors are hired, team members are expected to contribute equally to the costs associated with hiring the contractor.
    • Alternatively, members can opt to relinquish a portion of their revenue percentage to the partners who are paying for the contractor’s work.
  • Team members are expected to collaborate on the direction and design of the game. Members will then be responsible for executing on their respective roles within the team.
  • Team members will vote on decisions such as whether to contract out work. If the vote is a tie, the team leader will make the final decision.

Payment

• Work on the pre-application demo project will be unpaid.
  • If the team is accepted to the accelerator program, the program provides a stipend for the 12 week period over which it runs.

Contact

• Preferred contact is via private message (@Grargror) on the Roblox Developer Forum.
  • Alternately, you can reach out to me on twitter at: twitter.com/GrargrorGames
  • Please have a portfolio of your work ready to show.
  • You must be 18 years or older to apply.

Thanks for reading! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’d love to apply for modeler, but i wouldn’t want to have to give any proof i’m 18 (for privacy reasons), do you know if they require proof ?

1 Like

driving license, ID, passport, card, a lot of ways.

2 Likes

You have to be 18+ for legal reasons.

2 Likes

Yeah, but how would they even know it’s you on the cards or whatever ?

1 Like

bruh of course you need to prove you are 18

2 Likes

Uh, they would check your DOB?

1 Like

Are you sure that’s what they do ? It doesn’t seem to be very tangible proof

1 Like

Given that the accelerator program is a paid internship, Roblox must collect identification information for tax purposes. Typically, this is done using a Form I-9.

1 Like

Do you know what happens if the participant is not a US citizen or not in the US ?

1 Like

Passport, ID Card, on the application it said fill out your dob and your forename/surname and on the IDs your name is going to be on there. You have to show identification that you’re over the age of 18.

1 Like

If you scroll to the last page of the Form I-9, it has a list of acceptable forms of identification. It looks like all the identification requirements for a non-U.S. citizen are listed under the “List A” section on the last page.

2 Likes

Thanks ! This is exactly what i’ve been looking for !

1 Like

Pleased to say that @TheOriginalGMW has joined the team as a programmer and modeler!

For all those who have applied, if you have not heard from me on a final decision, please know that you are still being considered for your roles. I will get back to you once applications are in and our decision has been made. Thank you for your interest and patience. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you looking for artists? i do clothing,logos, draw gui/ui and can also draw banners

1 Like

We are not looking to add an artists to the team at the moment, but thank you for your interest!

1 Like

We are still looking for a builder to join us in applying for the Fall 2020 Accelerator Program. The application deadline has been extended until 2020-06-13T18:00:00Z.

If you are interested in joining the team, please send me a link with your portfolio. Thank you!

1 Like

If you are a builder interested in applying with our team, please send me a message with your portfolio before the cutoff deadline today. I’ll get back to you with the team’s decision once we’ve had a chance to review the applicants. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.