Clothing Designers | DMCA Takedown Tutorial

Hi, I’m Maddie I’m a clothing designer of 3-4 First Response Clothing groups that do a wide variety of clothing types. I’ve been making clothing on Roblox for about 4-5 years and over 8+ years of graphic design work outside of Roblox itself and have been playing Roblox since 2013 and since then fell in love with First response style games and roleplay.

I know there are many tutorials through the dev forum and I’m sure on youtube for how to file a DMCA takedown on Roblox on clothing that has been stolen. This tutorial is very similar to just how to file one, what it looks like on the other person’s side as well as some changes that I’ve noticed recently while filing for a DMCA takedown. Note this could change at any time it is Roblox after all.

I do want to note that I am not a lawyer there may be things that may be wrong or incorrect if anything is wrong please let me know and I will try to fix it. None of this should be taken as proper educated legal advice.

I specifically use a google document template that I copy and paste and fill out though, let me remind you all the information you put in must be your real information. Real full name, real address, and so on.

You can find the google document to the template here. For any reason you don’t trust google docs it’s also here,

DMCA Takedown Template

Make Sure you fill it out in notepad or in the email and send it to the correct copyright agent email!

Copyright Email: copyright_agent@roblox.com

It will take roughly 12-24 hrs for them to respond and sometimes they have more questions and just answer it as best as you can. Please be respectful to them as they are trying to help take down the content that was stolen from you…

Additional ways to prevent people from stealing and also to help your case more when filing a DMCA Takedown is on your clothing template make sure it has your name or some type of background for your clothing company. If you do art/graphic design that isn’t clothing design just a simple watermark/signature somewhere on the art would do just as well. For my company Code 4 Services, Inc we use a Copy of the Copyright, which the group is owned/operated as well as the design date, and the designer who made the uniform/piece of clothing.

A template can be seen here as an example,

If you have any more Q&A’s I should add please dm me on the dev forum or discord (lxmon#7714)

Ending Notes,

I feel there still should be better ways to prevent people from stealing clothing so easily and be able to just upload it. I kinda ended up having to type this and I got distracted with some other stuff and so If at some point somewhere in this tutorial it cuts off I’m sorry just let me know so I can fix it.

Please note I recently noticed that if you DMCA takedown someone’s clothing It also takes it down from your account as well. I don’t know if it was just a mistake on the most recent one I did but that’s just what happened.

Also remember, If this doesn’t help the guide by Roblox should as well. Links to other guides and also Roblox below
Roblox Guide: DMCA Guidelines
Imposter’s Guide: How to DMCA take-down clothing that was stolen from you
cpguy5089 Guide: How to file a DMCA claim
Last Updated: [03/28/22 10:03 PM CST]

29 Likes

Wow, I never new it was this easy, I will keep this in mind, like the tutorial! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love the formatting. Way cleaner than what I put up. Great post!

It’s unreasonably annoying that they only recently started including instructions on how to counter claim, considering I got some stuff false claimed a few months ago and the support email completely ignored/didn’t read my emails, so now it’s probably too late to counter claim anything.
That remediation program must be super duper new. Never even heard of that being a thing before now.

Also, the if you DMCA takedown someone’s clothing It also takes it down from your account as well part was probably a mistake on Roblox’s part, since that hasn’t happened to me in the past and it really shouldn’t be causing that.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I was guessing it was an accidental mistake. But I had to add some noise to the shirt in order to upload it again for the customer to use the shirt again. I wish roblox made major changes in the content verification system on how they verify it was made by the certain person and such.

3 Likes