Clothing Previewer and 3D drawing (e.g. Procreate 3D)

Hello,

We made a web app for our own kids to preview clothing templates on 3d avatar models.

You can try it at https://ingame.clothing

The tool has two functions:

1. Preview clothes drawn on Roblox 585x559 templates (official docs). Simply drag and drop, or paste the template in the app to get a 3d preview.

Here’s a video tutorial of how to do it on an iPad with the drawing app Procreate: Tutorial: Roblox clothing with Procreate 2D iPad drawing - YouTube

2. You can download the model and make a texture, for example with Procreate 3D drawing, or Blender, or whatever you like. Then drop the texture (1024x1024, 2048x2048, or 4096x4096) back to ingame.clothing and it will create the corresponding Roblox templates for you. You can download them and continue working in 2D, or upload to Roblox, as usual.

Here is a video tutorial of how to work with Procreate 3D drawing on an iPad: Tutorial: Roblox clothing with Procreate 3D iPad drawing - YouTube

No creations are uploaded to any server. This is a client side app running in the browser. We just made it because the Roblox Studio workflow is slow and complicated. Hopefully this is helpful.

Note: it’s not perfect, so you might want to try on in Roblox Studio, too, before you upload. But this method is fast and convenient, and pretty accurate :slight_smile:

Cheers

165 Likes

wow this is really good! good job :+1:

8 Likes

Finally now I don’t have to worry for shirts to get broken or waste robux on a simple mistake!

9 Likes

This is very helpful! Especially for new clothing designers to see what their designs will look like before uploading it! Thanks for making this keep up the great work! <3

6 Likes

you have no idea how much everyone needed this, you absolute lifesaver!!

5 Likes

Y’all are amazing omg! Thanks for creating this :white_heart: :orange_heart: :white_heart:

5 Likes

TYSM!! This is super helpful to me.

3 Likes

If only I could have found this earlier…

3 Likes

Thank you for this! I was looking for a way to model classic shirts and pants on an avatar without having to upload the texture to ROBLOX first. This is a great help, and I’ll be bookmarking that page.

2 Likes

Amazing but it should have a R6 option.

8 Likes

Oh wow! This is amazing! Thank you.

2 Likes

yes, this is very good program :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you! This is incredible. Do you guys plan on adding an R15 option since R6 and R15 scale differently.

2 Likes

You should add T-Shirts option

4 Likes

Is there any clothing tester/viewer for R6?

2 Likes

Hello, the website isnt working. I tried upload the t-shirt but it does nothing. In Inspect element its says Enable Javascript. I tried use different webbrowser but still does not works.

2 Likes

Clearly T-Shirts were not added.

3 Likes

i know this is a year-old topic but WOW, this is insanely helpful!! if i knew about this any sooner i probably would’ve saved a few robux LMAO
only suggestion though is to figure out how to center the UI? i have a 4k monitor and as such the site’s UI leans to the left a bit. though that’s just a nitpick at this point haha
wonderful work, i hope more people know about this :]

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for this, have u thought about adding other body types?

1 Like

This is AMAZING. I’ve been using this so much! Thank you!! So sweet of your to make this for your kids.