Comment Section Overhaul

As a Roblox Developer, the comment section is lacking everything that it needs to be actually useful, as well as being impossible to control. So, I’d like to list various things that the Comment Section desperately needs to be worth a Developer’s time.

1. Allow for Notifications on comments
  • This should be on an asset to asset basis. You can turn on/turn off notifications for each asset individually. As well though, there should be an overall on/off feature, because obviously users that are more popular would get completely bombarded.
  1. Game Comments/Reviews
  • Games should bring back their comment sections, however with some caveats.
    • Each comment should have a “review” feature, similar to Amazon’s Comment Review section. There should be a 5 Star Rating that the commenter uses to rate the game from 0 to 5 stars.
    • Each comment should have a “comment review” system where users can upvote/downvote comments. This helps make comments relevant because users can push the comments that make no sense down.
    • Comments should have a sort feature based on “newest,” “best,” and “worst.”
  1. Game Pass Reviews
  • Same system as the Game Comment/Reviews, but with Game Passes. They cost money after all. So negative reviews can really effect business, even if their claims are fake and unsupported.
  • Only owners of Game Passes should be allowed to review them. A user who doesn’t own a gamepass has no reason to be commenting on it. If you have to play a game or own a model to rate it, then you shouldn’t be able to comment on something you don’t own. (This could also help with spam prevention.)
  1. Block People
  • We already have a “Block User” button, however it does not affect users from commenting on your badges, game passes, and other assets. It really should, because all that’s happening is allowing a user to harass someone who has blocked them.
29 Likes

I especially love the idea of having to play the game/buy the gamepass/take the model in order to comment on it. That alone would solve a ton of spam.

Another note: Can we get rid of comments on badges? I don’t understand why you’d need to use them, they only serve as spam buckets. I should clarify that I want these removed only after the comment section is added back to games, since they currently act as alternative comment sections.

5 Likes

I’d like to agree, because it’s not like there is a comment section for achievements, which is essentially the Badge’s purpose in the first place, on any other platform except ours. It seems out of character in our industry.

Besides the notification feature, all the ideas you’ve proposed sound great and would be very useful for getting appropriate feedback for your games (if implemented correctly), especially after the removal of the Roblox forums.

I can’t agree with the idea of getting notifications. It is just too much of a hassle, I already hate getting notifications once a month when accepting/sending a friend request. I’m sure many people would agree, even if there was an option to toggle the notifications, it just seems unnecessary.

Overall, great ideas. Can’t wait to see what happens.

1 Like

I hate notifications, but I also hate having to check the comments randomly to see if anybody commented or not.

1 Like

That is true. Maybe there could be a compromise somewhere.

Web Feature requests are super rarely accepted sadly.

3 Likes

A man can dream though. And hope. And then pray. And then start on the 5 stages of denial.

1 Like

Someone made a big giant post on how clans should change. Got lots of appraise and people loved it… 3? Years ago. Still nothing new from Roblox :confused:

2 Likes

I don’t think they even make changes to the website anymore. They just occasionally disable things.

Hopefully they’re busy working on the

GROUP OVERHAUL.

4 Likes

I’ve made a Group Overhaul Suggestion, a Develop Page Overhaul, and two separate suggestions on working with more language based things (like the Localization stuff) and now this.

Fingers crossed that at least one of them makes an impact.

I mean, a certain Roblox staff member said they were looking at the Develop Page soon on my Develop Page overhaul ideas. So, there’s that, I guess.

1 Like

Do you know why that is exactly?

It just seems super weird that they aren’t doing anything when there’s a lot to be done (and they have lots of people to do it)

1 Like

Dunno. It’s just always been a meme.

2 Likes