Complete guide of how to make an anti exploit!

This guide will no longer be updated, I recommend reading version 2 instead Creating Proper Anti-Exploits: The Ultimate Guide

44 Likes

Wow! Amazing tutorial! I needed this so much!

6 Likes

I like the idea of people making things like this so people can learn how to do it themselves instead of getting it instantly ready then having issues with it.

6 Likes

Thats the goal, I do not want people to automatically just take a model, and boom they have a good anti exploit - I want them to learn.

4 Likes

Stop trying to start an argument out of nothing, you’re just being rude to someone trying to benefit others.

3 Likes

Your advice on remote security is completely ineffective. Limiting the remote in that way does not prevent exploiters from abusing it. Having a remote that just gives you money is inherently flawed and is by definition trusting the client (to fire the remote appropriately).

7 Likes

My “money remote” was Just for players to know how to stop players from abusing remotes;

And Limiting the value is very ineffective but most exploiters are dumb and would think they can now generate 10B cash and boom they get banned/kicked or smth-

2 Likes

It does not show how to stop players from abusing remotes.

Most exploiters are not that dumb. You shouldn’t make up fairytale examples because they do not reflect reality. An actual exploiter will figure out the upper limit for what they can request and just sit there firing the remote repetitively for 20 minutes.

This works as a honeypot sure, but accounts are expendable, and they’ll figure it out eventually. You’re better off not doing this at all.

8 Likes

What about the time limit? they can not spam it if the cooldown is forsay 300 seconds (5 minutes) - Also the post was rushed and I said i will continue updating it

2 Likes

If the time limit is 5 minutes then the reward loop of your game doesn’t work for 5 minutes.

Don’t rush tutorials and resources. These are meant to help people, not to get cheap attention. You do more harm than help this way.

9 Likes

Instead of limiting the money or do some cooldown on the remote , just do it in the server. There’s no reason to handle money giving on the client

2 Likes

To add, the server should be completely orchestrating the gameloop. It should be deciding when to award money, you should never need a remote for this.

5 Likes

I had rushed It since I wanted to help people make “anti-exploit” and was In a hurry of alot of stuff to do - as I said I will be updating It constantly, editing…

2 Likes

I agree with this 100%, but some people still use money remotes for literally no reason

3 Likes

So just tell them to not, maybe try showing them sanity checks with a shop gui

2 Likes

I will thanks for the suggestion, I’ll probably edit it tomorrow its like 6 PM for me, and i have some stuff to do

2 Likes

The guide has been updated for better remote security! adding more for example magnitude checks soon… (how to do magnitude checks)

1 Like

Added magnitude check! :wink: Give me more ideas of what to add :smiley:

ok, just a small question but where would you recommend putting the anti-cheat?

ServerScriptService, as an normal script.

1 Like