[Completed] A tank

This is my first post on this forum and my first Real building project, so pardon me if i did something wrong.
Anyways i finally finished my WWII Italian tank project, here’s the screenshots:

New link:

Few things to know before giving feedback:

1. I did use some meshes here and there
  2. I did use various plugins to make the job easier
  3. This project is semi-finished, i might come back later to upgrade it though.
  4. Some parts of it were near to impossible to recreate to it’s real life counterpart, so i made small modifications of my own here and there
    Any feedback will be taken into account, to possibly improve it further.
41 Likes

I do like the overall look before anything has color, it’s nice to see perspective.

2 Likes

Hi there,

This tank is very well constructed as it is detailed and well looks like a tank.

I mean I can’t wait for the mesh to have colour as I really think your will make a good job of it.

Good work
Keep bulding😄

3 Likes

I used some meshes, yes, but the whole thing isn’t one.

2 Likes

Okay but I’m still excited to see it coloured​:smile::relaxed:

1 Like

Very nicely crafted and it looks like a lot of thought was put into it, overall very nice to look at and the details are superb, one little nitpick is on the first picture on the main turret the sides of it arent symmetric.

1 Like

Yes, i recognize it, its a Fiat-Ansaldo L6/40 tank model, i really like what you did there, its almost exactly like the original, it looks great, alot of detail too.

Tho i know the actual tank has its ‘‘head’’ off to the right like that, it still triggers my OCD, great job!

1 Like

Very nice, most of the time you never see the suspension done correctly, but you captured this (Quite frankly bad tank in everywhere but the mountains) tank very well, and it looks almost identical to it’s real-life counterpart!

Great build!

Looks like a very good high detail model. Might I ask what the tri count is for that tank?

However, to be picky in the sake of trying to achieve a perfect tank model, I must point out some things.

Immediately I notice that your tank seems to be compressed, this can be seen in how it looks a little too tall for its width. I believe the culprits of this are those two pieces of slanted armor I have circled in the first image of your tank, in a reference image they are a lot less angled, thus allowing the tank to be wider.

Next, looking at the side view I can immediately see an issue which makes it look even more squished. The front part seems to have been compresses as well, this can be seen in the reference image from both that I have posted and also how the gun seemingly extends too far over the frontal most point. As it seems, the hull should extend just before the gun barrel ends.

But overall, pretty well made, would be interested in knowing a tri count for that model and what you plan on using it for.

2 Likes

I will try to get it a little adjusted where it should be when i find time.
I plan to make more of these tanks, and eventually when i have enough start putting together a museum.
Before i can answer the last question, i need to know what tri count means, is it Try count? Or is it something else?

Edit: I’m working on fixing part of the issues you adressed at the time i’m writing this reply

Daily update note V1:
Added towing rope
Screenshot_31
Added some more details to engine cover
Screenshot_32
Adjusted hull angling to make it more realistic
Shortened gun barrell

It can all be seen here: https://www.roblox.com/games/4869077149/Tank-project-preview

Hello!

I have nothing much to say about this, I’m just speechless. It looks amazing, I can’t wait to see the texture/colors on it.

1 Like

And in addition this was my first project that didn’t involve me littering with free models all over the place

2 Likes

Hey again,

Well yeah, I didn’t say or mention free models.

1 Like

I know that, but i thought i adress that to highlight that this is the first creation of mine i actually put effort to.

1 Like

Looks amazing, keep up the good work.

Daily Update V2
Added new elements to the top of turret cupola:
Screenshot_34

Working on a next major update, which is the finishing touches on small details phase , so no daily updates for now, however, i’ll be doing daily progress reports, as for today’s entry, I finished up small details on rear of the chassis:

Oh, and please ignore gun barrel in the distance, or that it’s missing it’s tracks.

Daily progress update 2: (no image, sorry)
Added a large part of screws, added remaining details apart from the screws

When I ask for the tri count, I’m assuming that Roblox studio doesn’t show that. You would have to export the model into something like Blender to get a trip count. Also, do you use blueprints to help you model?