Connect 2023 Challenge

Quick question, when it mentions that all participants will receive a Devrel prize, does it mean that valid participants will receive reused items?

2 Likes

I only have last years Roblox Developer Jam Medal, does that mean this year ill get the Achievement Medal?

2 Likes

Yes you will get it since theyre different awards

3 Likes

Connect 2023 Challenge Matchmaking Thread: Connect 2023 Challenge Matchmaking Thread

6 Likes

hey I have a question, I see that it says that there will be 3 winners for each of the categories. Does that mean 9 teams will win the crown of knowledge?

2 Likes

Yes, the Staff already addressed this in the main post:

2 Likes

Hello @Game-Jammers ,

:tada: It’s finally here - the moment you’ve all been eagerly waiting for: the Connect 2023 Challenge! We can’t wait to witness the incredible creations you’ll come up with over the next 10 days.

:memo: Please, don’t forget to submit your experience here.

Friendly reminders:

:spiral_calendar: Submission due date: August 7th, 10 AM PT :alarm_clock:

:busts_in_silhouette: Teams consist of 1-5 members

:lock: All team members must have a DevForum account

And now, without further ado… :drum::drum: This year’s Connect 2023 Challenge theme is: Parallelism. Let your imagination run wild and see what your team can create!

:four_leaf_clover: Best of luck to all teams! :globe_with_meridians:

43 Likes

interesting theme, should be fun to make :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello, could you or someone reading this possibly give me some more information on the theme, I don’t really understand / can’t find any information about the meaning of Parallelism like what type of game should I make to fit around this theme?

4 Likes

It’s gonna be interesting to see how this goes, I had problems with the Chain Reaction theme for a game jam earlier in the year.

I think it might be easier if you take ‘ism’ out of your searches. It’s only been 20 minutes so I wouldn’t worry too much yet :joy:

3 Likes

interesting, good luck to all!

3 Likes

Sorry, but what Parallelism means? Is it just Parallel, or something diffirent?

3 Likes

I assume just parallel. You could technically use AI for help for game ideas if you wanted to, but I’d imagine that would be heavily frowned upon by the community.

2 Likes

all i can think on parallelism is a other universe or sum, i still dont get it lol

2 Likes

Hello, in regards to the theme- your team is free to interpret it however you’d like.

13 Likes

This where the fun starts, thanks man!

4 Likes

Parralelism sounds like it’s…

ABSTRACT.

I have already been brainstorming! :sweat_smile: :grin:

Good luck to everyone.
:slightly_smiling_face: :wink:

5 Likes

Hi I have some problems with calibrating people it look you must friend them

2 Likes

But I can tomorrow on 13:00 UTC online on studio tell the models my team made then not as pre-made because she must in other place made it for the game @PlanetLumaLee @bri9adeiro

2 Likes

Does using things from the toolbox (like audio, music, sounds) count as premade assets?

1 Like