Console/Gamepad Camera Sensitivity Doesn't Work

The camera sensitivity on consoles has never worked. I tried adding the support for camera sensitivity myself for console users using gamepads but editing the default camera scripts proves to be a hard challenge for this.

There’s multiple threads on the DevForum supporting that the camera sensitivity setting hasn’t ever worked for console or gamepads:

Changing the setting to the lowest possible camera sensitivity and the highest possible camera sensitivity and then using your gamepad to move the camera shows that the camera sensitivity doesn’t change and still crawls. Players of experiences I work for find this to be an annoying issue as most of the experiences I develop for have high-paced fighting or complex challenges that would benefit from being able to quickly adjust their camera with their controls, and some players just prefer faster panning of their camera.

This issue occurs in all experiences, including a default baseplate.

Videos of the issue occuring on an experience I work for and on Natural Disaster Survival:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hn39DlQnO0 on Peroxide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq8Guwq9vTs on Natural Disaster Survival

note: also the “Automatic Chat Translation” and other options for translated chat should be hidden from console settings for less clutter if the staff member who looks into this wants to fix that as well.

Expected behavior

Adjusting the camera sensitivity setting on console or gamepads should work when panning the camera to look around.

31 Likes

I hope to see this fixed soon. This has been a major thorn in my side when it comes to gamepad support and I ultimately gave up on solving it.

4 Likes

Thanks for the report! I filed a ticket in our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

6 Likes

Thanks for the report! I’ve updated our camera scripts so they now support gamepad camera sensitivity. If you’ve forked playerscripts, please update to the newest version to get the sensitivity changes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.