CornerPro, A plugin that you may have never seen

5 Likes

You’re at time of deleting this statement and avoid another 100 replies about why this is wrong.

2 Likes

Sad. Anyways its just using 4 frames on each corner than adding a frame in each double that size and setting them to the corners and then adding a ui corner. Honestly you can just use the plugin and see for yourself instead of pondering on how I made it.

2 Likes

I will see about that. I can give you more topics about how gui elements don’t cause lag unless as said in that topic its 45k which no one would do. Ask me for more proof.

2 Likes

You can check at CanvasDraw posts regarding performance if you have some doubts. Also that post states that you need to use invisible frames. Plus you need to consider the fact that every instance takes a place in memory to save properties, so you can get a fps drop on many many frames.

I’d be happy to run a benchmark. (Around 2000 frames you get FPS under 100, which is still decent but not for fps unlocked users)

3 Likes

Run a benchmark then. I am sure gui elements can not possible cause lag as what are you gonna do? Run a freaking render on the simple 2d shapes? Also good luck making images that you would wanna change later on. Your the only one here who thinks “Gui Causes Lag”.

Topic for evidence:
Is having alot of gui elements going to cause lag

Also are 8 more gui elements really gonna be a problem?

2 Likes

thanks so much for making this sick plugin, now I can make one corner 1, 0 and the other 0.2, 0 with this, I wanted this for two years straight

bro wth is this section

4 Likes

Yea I know right! I wanted this as well but I didn’t knew the trick until a few weeks ago when I just thought of it and well now here we are. And here I am arguing with a person saying: NooOOo 8 MorE guI elEmeNts GonNa MaKE mY pC exPloDe

3 Likes

I’m sure you know nothing about how the renderer works internally, but basically explained in simple terms, you have to send drawing commands and each Frame is a drawing command so it will increase the time between each rendering frame because there are more rendering commands. This same problem happens when you have a lot of meshes in all of the game engines.

2 Likes

Can you and jack stop fighting, if you don’t liке this epic resource, then vote “Bad! Its stupid it got no use I am better off using millions of images because I like pain.” in the poll, nothing is stopping you from doing so, this doesn’t cause lag in any way

5 Likes

The plugin is not loading for me… cant see the main ui of the plugin

4 Likes

So your saying 8 more gui elements per element that would be 2 or 3 if a person wants or a max of lets say 10 so basically 80 more gui elements will cause soo much lag that your FPS will drop from 60 to 59?

Lets stop this nonsense. You clearly haven’t done research. I will not be responding to any further things.

3 Likes

Hmm thats weird. Are there any bugs in the output?

3 Likes

No, I’m just throwing the benchmark results and informing other people what abusing of this trick could do. I’m not saying this resource is bad, just pointed out the “basic” information because looks like you don’t know how the renderer worked.

2 Likes

You can use this source if it still persist.

2 Likes

does this not hurt the performance of the game?

2 Likes

Another one with the same thing. It doesn’t. Me and someone else had such a long argument over this. It does not and can not as GUI elements dont take up much space on your ram OR your CPU. Go try it your self. Use 800 gui elements in a game and then tell me does it lag?

3 Likes

Proof:

8,000 frames and well no lag!
@gato_todomenso.

No, I do not have a pc with like rtx 4090 or a core i9 13900kf with 64 gigs of ram. Mine is like just decent. a ryzen 7 3700 16 gigs of ram and a well GTX 1660 super. People I am sure have wayy better specs than that.

3 Likes

still, i would rather a have cleaner UI than a messy one with 4 elements in it

2 Likes

Its your choice really! If you want “cleaner” gui go ahead have it. Like I care. Go ahead. Make images.

2 Likes