CornerPro, A plugin that you may have never seen

(Except for the fact that I don’t care about development on this platform anymore as I have switched to Unity)

lmao, imagine using Unity in 2023, I already have a custom game engine :exploding_head: (and no, it’s not a joke, I’m working on the custom game engine for a game studio I’m in)

So anyways, the plugin is pretty nice, still sucks that roblox haven’t made UI Corner Rounding an actual feature yet.

2 Likes

Does this offend you? lmao.
And if it does, good.

1 Like

Nah, it’s just surprising… Literally so many other options nowadays

1 Like

A lot of people still prefer unity. You can’t make fun of someone for having an opinion that you don’t like. Please respect others opinions and its nice that you are making your own engine.

And yes it does suck that Roblox stiff hasnt made that a feature but hey! I still exist and will make more gui plugins… Maybe.

5 Likes

Besides the replies being full of hot-headed people, this is a great resource!
I don’t like having a clustered explorer, but I’m too lazy to make a bagillion images for the sake of different corners so I’ll gladly take this.
Sadly this probably won’t work with UIStroke, but eh, whatever.

Roblox, please make this a feature already, and make UIStroke be able to use scale instead of just offset!!! :rage:

3 Likes

Also, Roblox isn’t supposed to be FPS unlocked so that’s still above what is supposed to be standard.

I think that the UIRatio constraint or whatever it’s called does something similar fyi

And? I don’t feel like getting around the complexity that is Unreal Engine. And not to mention that Unity is far more popular meaning a lot more help from the community along with the vast amount of features it has compared to other engines. Don’t be going around making fun of someone just because they use something you don’t like.

Well said.

Yeah, I wasn’t really making fun of him (or at least, that wasn’t my intention). What is more or less annoying is that he literally said something that nobody asked him about yk, never meant it in a bad way.

But I’m not gonna start some argument, so I’m gonna end this here. Goodluck on the plugin though.

You can use UI stroke by just putting the stroke in the individual corners! And thank you for the kind words! Have a great day.

it is perf heavy, if you have for say 15 rounded frames in your game, the new total equates to 60 frames

also you cannot just test lag by rendering 8000 frames, they should have content + you wouldn’t even know unless you checked actual gpu or cpu usage

THIS LOOKS SICK! No more making oddly shaped UI in external programs for me :sunglasses::sunglasses::white_check_mark::fire:

Picked up the plugin :grimacing::fire:

If your game has a consistent style you only need to upload 2 - 3, only got false moderated once and it was a even a bit valid. Keep in mind I have uploaded hundreds of images.

Alright ill test the actual GPU and CPU usage. But have you checked it? You are just making randomly false assumptions. Have you actually tested it if it causes lag? I know I have.

Ay thanks homie, 'preciated!

1 Like

CPU and ram usage on the side and the FPS on the bottom right. with > 100 of the gui i used in the plugin cloned with some other gui i made.

Bro why has no one done this? THE PAINNNNN!

oh my god i love you so much holy-

Thats what I wondered.

Ah! No need to love me! I am just a dude tryna help myself and others alike!

2 Likes

This works great, but is there anyway you can add support for images? I want to place a ImageLabel inside with a background; which then fits within all four corners. But currently there doesn’t seem to be a possible solution?