Could Kohl's Admin have a Backdoor?

Hello! Recently there’s been some sort of “hack” happening for people… when I join games (so far it has only been games that contain this admin, such as homestores) it sometimes will teleport me to another game called “Loading…” and then teleport me back to the first game. The loading game brings you to some Spongebob Obby game. I thought this was from some backdoor script or something so I went through models I had owned and such looking for something. I looked into Kohl’s admin and at the bottom found this.

I don’t know if this is related in any way or anything but it seemed suspicious to me. I’ve seen posts about this before in the past. It could be nothing, I don’t know much about scripting so I’m not really sure but the code leads to the Module which was updated 3 days ago, when all of this started happening. Could just be a big coincidence though of course. I’d appreciate any opinions on this, if there is a backdoor it’s worrying for me since this was in a game I am working on.

15 Likes

Kohl’s Admin does not have a backdoor. What likely happened was you grabbed a botted copy of it that has a backdoor. Make sure the one you have is by Scripth/Kohltastrophe. That is the official one.

5 Likes

There is always a possibility of a backdoor existing in something open source. I suggest taking a look at the source code to find out for yourself. Additionally, people could have gotten backdoored in some other way.

1 Like

I do have the official one. lol

Are you absolutely certain? Please send a screenshot of the one you got in the toolbox

Edit: here is the official one roblox.com/library/172732271

edit 2: @TheeDeathCaster is an expert at kohl’s admin (pinging for input)

Yes it is.

3 Likes

Hey, @noxyra! Hope you’re having a nice night so far, but I think you picked the copied version of Kohl’s Admin, please look into it. Also, make sure you use this version right here. It’s the original version:

Edit: If you have the right version you should probably look into your game’s script look for “Vaccine” or any other sketchy scripts.

1 Like

No lol I have the correct version.

1 Like

That require just leads to the module for Khols admin? This isn’t a backdoor at all. You must have another backdoor elsewhere in your scripts.

1 Like

At one point, Kohl’s Admin was theorized to have a backdoor at some point.
One my favorite YouTubers constructed an entire video about the entire fiasco, and it talked about a lot of things from Kohl’s really shady past to basically a free model popup for a “chair” owned by one of the people in Kohl’s group. This chair free model would apparently come up for strangers who visited the game and not the owner. They even went so far as to interview the owner of the “Chair” free model, in which the creator stated that “they are not who we are testing” when being asked about how it wouldn’t appear for the creator of the game. They also said that the sources for the “shady past” segment had little to no evidence supporting those claims, so it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Though, seeing how popular Kohl’s Admin is and how the video is now unlisted, I doubt there is anything close to a backdoor. The code you just saw is probably just the Module Script that contains all the commands and stuff.

6 Likes

This is happening to tons of other people though. The game it teleports you to has about 2 million visits. Couldn’t there be something within the Module?

2 Likes

Well there could be techically, but I highly doubt it. You should really focus on looking at other scripts as Scripth is a well trusted developer.

I understand. Could you tell me what I should look for though? Just so I can check the Module.

Here are some information to help with your search

1 Like

I’ve seen similar occurrences of this happening & If you really have to blame Kohl’s Admin then what I would recommend doing put Kohl’s Admin in a baseplate game with no models, and make sure you wait for 1-5 minutes If It doesn’t happen I would shut down the servers and try again two more times, If It doesn’t teleport you anywhere then I think you should check all your game models & scripts. :slight_smile:

Edit: Make sure you check all your plugins and make sure there’s no suspicious activity going on there.

1 Like

Ok so I got the ID of the module and it leads to this failed attempt at obfuscation

The script is so large that my post hits the maximum character limit so here is a pastebin: Kohl's MainModule (ID 1868400649) - Pastebin.com

But then I looked through the script’s children I found an even more concerning one.

script
--[[
	Credit to einsteinK.
	Credit to Stravant for LBI.

Credit to the creators of all the other modules used in this.

Sceleratis was here and decided modify some things.

einsteinK was here again to fix a bug in LBI for if-statements
--]]

local waitDeps = {
	'Rerubi';
	'LuaK';
	'LuaP';
	'LuaU';
	'LuaX';
	'LuaY';
	'LuaZ';
}

for i,v in pairs(waitDeps) do script:WaitForChild(v) end

local luaX = require(script.LuaX)
local luaY = require(script.LuaY)
local luaZ = require(script.LuaZ)
local luaU = require(script.LuaU)
local Rerubi = require(script.Rerubi)

luaX:init()
local LuaState = {}

return function(str,env)
	local f,writer,buff
	local ran,error=pcall(function()
		local zio = luaZ:init(luaZ:make_getS(str), nil)
		if not zio then return error() end
		local func = luaY:parser(LuaState, zio, nil, "@input")
		writer, buff = luaU:make_setS()
		luaU:dump(LuaState, func, writer, buff)
		f = Rerubi(buff.data, env)
	end)
	if ran then
		return f,buff.data
	else
		return nil,error
	end
end

The children of that script doesn’t matter but it implements a custom loadstring.

A little off topic: You are better off writing your own admin commands so this can’t happen.

3 Likes

I have friends using things other than Kohl’s that suffer the “loading…” back door. I believe it is a plug-in likely, as I’ve noticed that scripts get imported randomly into bricks in workspace that cause this back door in my friends’ games.

To check your own, put “script” in the search for workspace and you’ll see all the scripts in the game. They usually are named “fix” or are empty named “”

I’m uncertain as to which plugin would cause this but it’s best practice to remove all plugins you don’t actively have a use for.

Could this be anything???

Yep that looks like something.You can usually search for stuff with Loadstring and require to find scripts you didn’t add in.

Yeah it is quite odd. This just opens a ton of doors to exploiting. Again I just recommend writing your own admin commands since it allows for more flexibility and you can guarantee there won’t be backdoors like this

1 Like