Create a Digital Glitch effect?

Ok, can we create a Digital Glitch effect only on Roblox? I have see this for Unity:

But is this possible in roblox?
Any idea?
Thanks for reading.

7 Likes

Im sure you can reach that glitch effect, but I dont really know how. Some days ago, looking at #help-and-feedback:cool-creations I saw a guy who made a glitch effect for a death screen.

Probably he used a bunch of events, functions, tweens and images, or maybe used any other GUI function, I dont know. But he used a 2D Death Screen to reach the effect, and If you want to replicate that effect in a 3D Space, you should probably use a ViewPortFrame

If you want to reach that color distorsion effect, you may try cloning 2 viewports frames and changing the color of the objects and moving them…

It seems to be a very difficult thing to do, but maybe you can do it.

1 Like

Oh, quick update, I found this cool idea Glitch Distortion Effect, maybe can help.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I found it, here it is, the effects is very fast but you can see it, maybe you can get some feedback from it What are you working on currently? (2020) - #260 by Pseudosuper

5 Likes

Ok thanks, i asked the owner of this animation and hope to see how this works!

2 Likes

Hey! I got a reply from @LawlR, you can read above! I only am wondering if the same thing was possible using the pixel of the screen… But thanks for the support!

4 Likes

I don’t understand that, could you explain it better?

2 Likes

Ok, i mean:
I know how to use images to achieve this effect. But is it actually possible to change the rendered image on the screen? Like this here:
Bild
Bild
You is it acutally possible to do something like this? You are not adding a frame but you are modifying the rendered screen.

4 Likes

Since I get no other ideas, I simply mark this topic here as solved. Thanks to everyone who helped me!
(Still interested to know if there is a method and if Roblox will change it in the future)

3 Likes

you can bob the camera to achieve it

1 Like

Oh, I totally forgot about this post but since someone revived it I must say that maybe I have another idea for it.

If you’re really crazy, you could try using viewportframes, so you can create 2 copies of what’s the camera seeing and then change the viewport colors to red and green and modify them.

Not really sure if I explained myself but otherwise, here’s a pretty useful module for viewport creation that comes with an example of how to capture an image in-game by using viewportframes.

1 Like

And how about the colors? When I asked this I wanted to do something similar to the pictures you can see there, just shaking the camera isnt enough

1 Like

Thanks, that actually may work! Not too performance friendly but it is a start!

1 Like

You just make some images with colors put it in a table as someone else said, and combine it with the bobbing.

1 Like

I feel like you can make these by making a viewport frame that has the part that you want to glitch move the viewport to a random position and there you go

1 Like

3 years later here, lot has happened between me quitting Roblox and now starting back from scratch, ngl I forgot most of my reasons to do the effect. But from what I remember, you’d only shake the camera by doing so. If you look at the gifs, the object in there gets like “distorted”. Don’t know how to describe it other than glitch effect, but it includes definitively more than just a simple shake effect. Now I’m wondering if someone has figured it out after 3years

1 Like

Ok so i was super late
Life is good tho i love this char limit i wonder why its even here

2 Likes

My message was about that weird squares that show up

2 Likes

Welp, after 3 years… Still up to day there are no good enough effects to achieve a glitch effect, so the closest thing you have is chromatic aberration, which in my opinion is… quite similar?

Not perfect though.

1 Like

if we didn’t get it in 3 years, I pray and hope that we’ll get it in another 3years (funny how I asked at 15years and only maybe it’ll be a thing when I’m 21 lol).

That being said, thanks for sharing this, I guess that if I ever remember what I wanted to do 3 years back and I decide to do start the project, I’ll look into the many backrooms games as a source of inspiration :+1:

1 Like