Creations Page Public Beta šŸ¤­

Incredible work. I cannot get over how fast this dashboard loads compared to the old ā€œDevelopā€ page.

Iā€™d also like to second a bunch of things that have already been requested on this thread (as well as request some things of my own):

• A search bar would be excellent
  • More sorting options (last updated, name, etc.)
  • There should be some way to immediately go to the ā€œconfigureā€ page of an asset instead of going to its information page first
  • Some way to instantly archive an asset from the dashboard would be nice
  • There should be an edit button over the names of assets for quick-changing of names
  • Continuous scrolling would be nice instead of having everything in pages
  • Optional list view instead of grid view
  • Button to quick-open places in studio is a must

Iā€™m sure most, if not all, of these are going to happen before this beta is over, but I figured itā€™d be best to voice my opinions on what it is missing anyway.

3 Likes

Not a flex, but looks kida similar to a concept of the front page I made some months ago

:sunglasses:

I really like the round corners and the gradient. A much needed redesign.

And wait, did I read MOBILE SUPPORT? THANK YOU!

23 Likes

Woah! It looks more cleaner!

Now i donā€™t need to keep finding the animations from my group having alot of loading parts

1 Like

Love it!!! But is it possible to upload throught it already? Or is that not ready yet?

2 Likes

I really like the page so much it I like the design and other things about it. Keep it up :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the case of asset thumbnails, would it not be a better idea to direct the API to request a larger icon size? The icons in the new UI do not scale up well (e.g. 1080p 125% scaling, which is becoming more common) presumably because they are the lowest quality 150x150 versions. Upping the configuration to request a 256x256 or even a 512x512 icon would be a massive help in terms of increasing the visual quality. This is not specific to game icons but all asset icons on the new Creations Page.

One of the other things Iā€™d like to add is that it all feels a bit big compared to the regular ROBLOX website layout, and it would be nice to see it reduced somewhat to be in-line with it (I donā€™t mean the outgoing 2011/12 layouts, I mean the current ones).

Finally, it would be nice to see the upload tool added back to the new page as it currently appears to be missing.

1 Like

And something else Iā€™ve noticed with Place Numbers, they donā€™t show up!

image image

You canā€™t distinguish un-named places from each other.

7 Likes

Iā€™m not much fan of the dropdown animation because it makes the website feel slower than it should and Iā€™m not a fan of the black-transparent gradient on the top as it just doesnā€™t look as appealing to me as a full-color header would.

ezgif-7-36508bca246d

Other than these notations, I really like how this is coming along, good job!

5 Likes

You are definitely on the right track!
Everything is so organized its really nice and its truly amazing.
:+1:

3 Likes

This is truly amazing, thank you guys for all the hard work you guys do!
I cant wait to see this in its completed form!

1 Like

One thing I immediately noticed that is missing is a Places tab, for the individual places under the game.

It would be a massive pain if I had to open a starting place and then use the studio game explorer to open the individual place within the game that I want to edit.

16 Likes

A beautiful creation !

This is making the way of orientation easier in the Create category ! And with the new Educational Hub, DevForum, Download Studio and Developer Hub, This will make the Development easier

Plus the UI Design is beautiful and modern !

Congratulations Roblox Designers !!

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ah yes, my eyes are now nice. :heart:

Yeah i have also noticed thatā€¦

I knew it they was missing something

1 Like

me too! also cant wait! this is gonna be really useful for developers plus makes it easier.

4 Likes

It now brings a Resources Tab? This is good for starters!

With the Education Hub and the developer Hub, Starters can go there easily!

That reminds me of 1-Click way

5 Likes

This is a really good update, makes organisation a lot more easier, a cool feature for you to add is the ability for us to make our own folders within this and group each project specified to the folder to make organisation even more easier.

4 Likes

Brilliant improvements and love the facelift to bring the developement webfront up to standard with the rest of the site; although, there are a few issues I have with it.

Weā€™re still limited to a page-system, which Iā€™d prefer (for user experience reasons) to be an infinite scroller rather than a page system - this is just personal preference but it makes going through your games less tedious.

Speaking of infinite-scrolling, a search bar would also be helpful for this page. Allowing us to search for specific items would make the workflow a lot better (even though most of this would be done in Studio itself, it would be nice for platforms like mobile).

Another User-Interface thing is that when tabs are selected the only indicator to display that they are selected is the increase in brightness in the text itself - it would be more reasonable to have the entire tab just increase its value so that it stands out far more (light mode would decrease but thatā€™s up to judgement).

Glad that you guys are taking the approach that Youtube took with moving everything under one umbrella and doing all the changes on the same domain - looking forward to the improvements thatā€™ll be based off this facelift!

3 Likes

Iā€™m all for redesigning the way you navigate the current creations page, especially if it means speeding up the process.
I just donā€™t appreciate removing functionality.
List of things Iā€™d like to see changed:

1. Smaller icons, so you can fit more. Current redesign has half of the items per-page as the previous design. Very annoying for someone like myself who has to sort through hundreds of images/models on a daily basis.

2. Dates Current redesign has dates completely removed from the list for seemingly no reason, this is another extremely helpful thing to see at a glance.

3. Infinite scrolling If youā€™re trying to make it better, why not let people load items by continuously scrolling, this functionality would be nice.

4. Better scaling Currently scales terribly even at 1080p in fullscreen, the sidebar is the right size, but your username is too small. And then your preview icons are absolutely massive. Changing the zoom in your browser makes it noticeably better, with the exception of the sidebar now being too small, and there being a LOT of wasted space on the bottom. How did someone come up with this? lol

5. Delete decals forever and ever Why do we use these again? They preview poorly, all of us would rather they just show the image anyway, as it doesnā€™t have weird alpha masking problems. And we use image IDs in-game, not decals.

11 Likes

Really really love it <3

Important to note though that if I flick between categories too fast, I get rate limited right away and get the message ā€œUnable to load Decalsā€ or similar.

Also itā€™s really hard to use the pagination controls at the bottom because the height of the page changes after the initial render and moves the controls all over the place so I end up clicking on a tile instead of the Next arrow when Iā€™m trying to go quickly (Chrome).

5 Likes