Creator Roadmap (Pt. 3 of 4) - Benefit from a growing creator ecosystem

i decided on deleting my last post as i do not wish to give false information about a feature none of us know about yet. :cold_face:

2 Likes

This is some outstanding news, A rare win on ROBLOX’s behalf.

2 Likes

Better be themes because I cannot stand the dark mode and double sized text
(don’t come for me dark mode users, it helps me read better)
Plus I really hope we will be able to view all places under a specific group like the https://www.roblox.com/develop/groups/1234567890?View=9 used to offer, until it got removed today/yesterday

6 Likes

So I’m assuming that alt accounts will be banned if they were used simply to break roblox rules. But, will this change allow developers to also detect them? Like, a way to tell if two accounts are under the same person in a script? That API could be very useful for pushing back exploiters.

1 Like

Is creating and managing API keys something that could be added soon? or is that not something planned or easily achievable?

2 Likes

I don’t know where to put suggestions or even if you can suggest anything… but can we get more badge utilization? Creators have been asking for it for years now and I believe adding it will be a real game changer. And by badge utilization I specifically mean re-arranging badge order on the badge page as stated here, and yet again people have been asking for this since 2018 or earlier, so if you see this - Roblox - please consider this suggestion.

2 Likes

Amazing stuff thanks Roblox!!!

2 Likes

I would love to know the full extent of “relaxing the chat filter.”

Are ONLY acronyms allowed (i.e. lmao, lmfao, wtf, omfg) or will entire curse words be let through the filter as well? I’m ID verified, 13+, and many others are, too, and we don’t need the filter to stay as strong as it is. Long strings of numbers and getting “randomly filtered” due to censored phrases in an otherwise normal sentence needs to be entirely removed. With this change I hope you do not censor entire messages if only one part of the sentence is inappropriate.

Please give more transparency, thank you.

4 Likes

This is already available on Creator Hub, go to create.roblox.com/dashboard/credentials

2 Likes

The team is busy working on the launch of OAuth2.0 public beta, I reckon we won’t be adding new folks to the pre-release beta by this point.

3 Likes

No, I mean authorizing an application to create and manage API keys on your behalf.

2 Likes

I don’t really follow how that could be useful. Please share more information on your use case as a separate thread to #feature-requests:website-features and I’ll let the product manager of Open Cloud know.

If you don’t have access to #feature-requests:website-features I would encourage waiting for the OAuth 2.0 announcement and posting your suggestion there with full use case details.

You can workaround it for now by creating the API key yourself and putting that into the tool that requires said API key.

2 Likes

Thank you for continuing to work on the moderation system. I no longer use my increased audio upload limit or many external textures as I have previously struggled greatly with seemingly randomly false flagged assets.

Bans for these issues are a very jarring, immediately halt to development. I am looking forward to safely utilizing more of the platform. As it currently stands, I worry over nearly upload. It feels as though there is no human involved at all in moderation. However, I understand that the safety of the players comes first. Thanks again.

5 Likes

Hello! I am loving the new updates roblox has been comming out with. But if some one could clear this one up for me. I would be thankful!

• Alt account detection.

Although I find this to be a powerful tool to help moderation. I have a few concerns for it.

My main concern is if developers will be able to see others alts. Example

A player joins a game and the developer can get a list of that players alt accounts.
I find this could have a lot of problems. I will list a few below.

1. A content creator/Streamer has alts to make sure nobody follows them in game.
    Some one could just use this in roblox studio to find the persons newest alt and follow them
    this could come with alot of problems.

2. Developers. (Just like the account age thing) Could use this to only make you play on your main.
    It would be annoying if you had an old account. (Your alt) and your main account. and not be able to play the game. (I know this is up to the developer but this could lower engagement)

3. People can keep finding ways to bypass this. if developers could find peoples alts. This means anyone can! and use this to find bypasses. Making alt account detection less effective.

4. what if a developer has an alt account and they are working on new features/updates to their game to avoid the risk of leaks. You could just find their alts.

And 5. Is there a way to remove some one from being an “Alt Account”? What if I made my account on a friends computer. Then i log into my new computer. Would I be that friends alt account? what if i logged out of his/hers/their pc. would i then be an alt?

I am so happy that all these updates are comming out! and cant wait for more. I would just think it would be a bad idea to give developers an api to find a players alt.

2 Likes

So everything’s cool BUT one major thing - monetization. Is it that all purchases soon will be in $USD? I mean half the PLATFORM are under 13 so how will they pay - and if you’re under 18 with no bank account, how will you receive the money? You can’t turn it back to robux since you won’t be able to spend the robux. If it’s only some - then that’s fine (as I bet games will make 2 payment systems).

1 Like

ok i am ok i am ok iam ok aii am ok .

2 Likes

Unfortunately there are more than ~100k, if not millions of players using 32-bit Android devices, because as far as I know Google have a policy where Android devices with less than 3GB of RAM or 32GB of storage are required to run in “32-bit ARMv7 mode” despite having an ARMv8 64-bit SoC, which is basically like running a 32-bit OS on a 64-bit computer.

This mostly occur in countries with lower average income rate, don’t assume every Roblox players are American or something. We cannot just remove the 32-bit support before those budget devices are eventually getting more than 3GB of RAM, we should give them some time like a year, rather than outright removing it.

And removing Wine support is basically just forcing Linux users to reinstall Windows or Waydroid (Android compatibility layer with Wine-like approach) again.

About that “its not hard to upgrade to 64-bit”, remember that most of them is caused by a false myth in some computer technicians especially on those lower-income countries (e.g. “32-bit OS is lightweight, just use it and everything still work fine” while in reality 32-bit support is slowly dying…) upgrading to x64 Windows / Linux isn’t really straightforward, it’s a clean install and you have to re-install the installed apps from the start again. Not to mention there are still many people who still store their data in the same Windows partition (e.g. the Documents / Music / Pictures / Videos / Downloads folder), they will have to move the data somewhere, and if the total amount of data there is large enough, it will cost them money to buy a spare external USB drive.

The mobile is even worse, you have to buy a new one with more than 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage to basically use a full ARMv8 64-bit Android operating system.

7 Likes

I’m not surprised that nobody talks about families playing roblox in the same house, and the fact that mobile data will share IPv4 public addresses per cell towers.

Birth control in many developed countries affects family knowledge so much that almost nobody seems aware that you could have more than one people play an online game like Roblox in the same house.

Like imagine the case when your older brother exploits on Roblox so much that it triggers the IPv4 ban, and the entire family is locked out unless you restart the router or even worse call the ISP or switch ISP entirely. Which unfortunately all of those have a consequence of other people getting locked out too. And if it’s a mobile data, it’s even worse since you’re locking out everyone connected to the same cell tower.

The best solution for alt detection is by just implementing IPv6 support (which Roblox is working on it since I have seen Roblox IPv6 prefixes in some databases) and pairing it with device IDs.

5 Likes

Although I wouldn’t call dropping 32 bit support and Linux users a racist action (There are plenty of people all around the world and in America who are poor, Live in rural areas with bad internet or no internet at all and not much money, Just simply used to their good old reliable systems, or who are more older and don’t know how (Although I don’t know how much grandmas are playing Roblox)

(So more of a problem to poor people in genial, however there have been 64 bit systems for cheap prices. 300$ and under that have been out for a while now)

As for Linux We should really start supporting it more. Windows is dying out and there is a clear reason why. I’m surprised games/apps have not picked up the pace. Lucky steam and valve know how important Linux is.

I do have too agree with you though they should have giving a heads up about sun setting 32 bit systems for a while. (a year or two ago before these changes happened)

How ever we have also been way over do for an anti-cheat its VERY important too developers.

3 Likes

Sorry for that, I should be more clear and calm down a bit while typing. Anyways, what I mean is that we should wait for the 32-bit Androids to steep down a bit, rather than straightforward removing the 32-bit support for Android.
Fixed the post above. And I do have a decent x64 desktop & laptop and a capable Android device with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of eMMC storage, but I still think that there are still more than 4, if not 5 figures mark of people still using a 32-bit Android OS to play Roblox, and even spend their Robux regularly (as buying Robux is easier in more countries now thanks to the giftcards)

3 Likes