Creator Roadmap: Spring 2024 Edition

maybe soon

It’s not enabled yet, if you use it will error.

7 Likes

From some “tests” I’ve done, one the reasons r6 doesnt support new stuff like dynamic head and layered clothing is because they still use special meshes

3 Likes

We are wrapping up the beta for this feature now, and once its launched will be pushing continual updates in response to dev feedback. Expect the beta around a June timeframe. There is a much larger thread on this feature with details.

3 Likes

They will remove it gradually. Too many worst updates have been made and none have been revert. I hope they don’t remove it.

1 Like

It’d be great to have a setting in the Roblox menu, when developers have haptic feedback use. I say that last part because the Roblox Esc Menu might be overwhelming, even in it’s current state. I have a toggle in my own settings menu, but Roblox should definitely have their own.

Additionally, when using the current API, you need to set the motors to zero yourself, at least that’s what I’ve learned. That is not intuitive according to some, and due to that confusion, I assume many do not use it.

1 Like

Where did Reports & Appeals go? (now named Violations & Appeals)
I was hoping this feature would give us a new report system…

(old screenshot)

Looks like this is another canceled feature from Roblox :uhh: (I mean reports)

4 Likes

With EditableMesh and EditableImage release delayed, when can we expect it? They were the only way we could achieve certain mechanics in our games, but we can’t release them until these features leave beta.

2 Likes

What happened to the breakable welds and splines announced at RDC 2021? :cry:

5 Likes

Doesn’t look anything like R6 in its current state, even less so than R15 :+1:

2 Likes

Leaked documents from 2022 show that they were planning to kill it entirely several quarters ago. Now, obviously, with this being Roblox, updates have a tendency for delays. Unfortunately it therefore tracks that the removal is likely to be announced in the coming weeks and months.

3 Likes

Phase 2 of volumetric clouds? :pleading_face:

7 Likes

Yeah, but I want the full R6, not R15, and no hybrid crap, dude. Y’all don’t seem to get that apparently.

7 Likes

Does this apply to PS5 controller support as well?

4 Likes

Hell yeahhhhh! Finally we can write Luau code that almost matches the performance of properly written C++ code, that would be awesome and really good for CPU-intensive math and algorithms.

As cool as this sounds, I hope this is an optional tool just for people that want to convert their games.

Kindly do not deprecate R6, for me it’s a stylistic choice and I want to keep using it. :pray:
Please tell me the R6 emulator is working at least.

4 Likes

Good stuff. Are server authoritative systems being looked at internally yet?

1 Like

Hi

Is there more info available on the native CPU code generation?
What speedup can we expect?
Is it fully automated? (No manual process on our part)
For both client and server side?

Thanks

1 Like

It was in RigidConstraint for a bit, never got enabled, and then the properties for breakable welds got taken out around 2 years ago. Just another update roblox shoves under the rug to never be heard of again.

2 Likes

Dear, Roblox Staff

I’m eager to find out if there’s a new event in the works following The Hunt: First Edition. With all the buzz from YouTubers sharing their takes, it’s left me feeling a bit puzzled. Some seem to be stretching the truth, and distinguishing fact from fiction has become quite the challenge.

Thank you for responding!!

1 Like

Did y’all forgot about FPS Unlocker that was supposed to be added on Roblox?

2 Likes

I have said this before on other posts, but I feel if they would put as much effort in fixing existing features and fleshing out features that are lacking things that were promised or showcased, it would go a long way to help developers make the games they want to make. Why, years after mesh parts have been released, do I still have to use special meshes? Its because they didn’t try to fully understand what special meshes were being used for, and make sure mesh parts could replace them.

1 Like