Creator Roadmap: Summer 2024 Edition

Roblox can we please get more graphics options in our games?

4 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t think they are. I had a post about this nearly 9 months ago:

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-has-no-plans-on-having-different-graphics-settings-thoughts/2631617

However, I’d stay optimistic! In one of the other Q&As, they said they had no plans in the near future to increase server memory, and they just announced a few days ago that they were experimenting with increased server memory limits!

3 Likes

Will users be able to find/archive the assets uploaded to groups they’re no longer apart of? As there’s a few assets I’d like to archive that were uploaded to groups over a decade ago and that are no longer apart of my inventory.

1 Like

Aw, I was really looking forward to this, any reason why it’s on hold?

Will Roblox also add Portuguese from Portugal? Roblox’s existing Portuguese language option says “Portuguese (Brazil)”.

1 Like

You guys have been doing alot this summer and really listening to the community, thank you roblox :happy1:

The ability to reorder / arrange. This would go so well for multiple related experiences / places to be close together.
Since, whenever we create a new place. The previous place pushes down.

Overtime, it can get pushed to the very bottom. And, if it’s related to our project. We’re unable to arrange.

Are analytics for Creator Store assets and monetization on models still scheduled for a summer release? And are there going to be more ways to purchase things on the Creator Store — like via PayPal, Google/Apple Pay, and even Robux/earnings — in the near future?

1 Like

Roblox when you ask them to provide the robloxcli binary:

Still, this is better than nothing?

I hope this can do more classic style TTS voices and isn’t just AI generated voices.

The Android future lighting is not on the list in delayed or completed items, is it planned or on hold?

will it apply to ColorCorrectionEffect support for ViewportFrames?

I would like to ask something, is there any news regarding the “upcoming” feature of being able to transfer Experiences to Groups for free at the click of a button?

A temporary solution was introduced exactly one year ago where you have to PM and pay Roblox to do this process manually. (Link)

I’m mentioning this since this post is related to the Creator Roadmap 2024 and as we all know, in the original Creator Roadmap of 2024 this feature was included. (Link) (“Creator Hub is your key to success” → “Collaborate more efficiently as a team” → “Self-serve Experience Ownership Transfer”)

Of course, other features were also not mentioned; however, this is a vital feature that I was hoping to have more information about its release date.

1 Like

I have a baaad feeling about this

Mostly because, clicking on an element on the React version makes it select it on the actual explorer after, but the thing is that there’s a noticeably delay

I’d love if they’d do Luau + Qt

Aside from that though, if this turns into a React thing, they’d probably have to create a tons of new methods for what is otherwise hardcoded into the Engine.

Edit: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-studio-new-explorer-sketch-react-lua-over-c-qt-for-studio/3110475/

1 Like

Let us change the background color of those buttons Please. :pray:

2 Likes

this is a pretty big nitpick, but I’m still not sure why UpDirection hasnt been implemented yet
its been a year roblox :sob:

roblox should totally add camera frames too !!!

that should’ve been released alongside viewports !!!

1 Like

I’m particularly excited about this as data stores are a bit of a pain currently. Due to having to handle every possible way a data store can fail (failed to load, corrupt data, overwriting with bad data, loading outdated saves, etc), I’m excited to see a way to streamline this process outside of using modules that others have made.

On the topic of AI, I’d absolutely love to see LLM API usage in-game. I’ve had fun messing around with AI text adventures, but AI isn’t great with consistency among other things. I’d love to attach some code to that to refine the experience. Aside from text adventures, having NPCs naturally respond to text or speech would be pretty exciting on its own.

I’m interested in these too. I hope the Viewport settings include the ability to render at full quality. Though I’d also love viewport layering that can work with the default viewport so that we can create our own custom skybox effects. But above that, I think masking would be really helpful for Viewports and UI in general (the ability to blacklist or whitelist where something is rendered relative to the mask).

I’m surprised this isn’t on the roadmap yet, especially considering it was mentioned in 2023. I’m hoping this isn’t a forgotten feature as I, and I’m sure a number of others, would find this incredibly useful for a lot of things.

Overall, this looks like an exciting year. But I’m still sadly not seeing some features that I feel like Roblox should have by now.

Join group prompt when? One of the most requested features for years on end, still not acknowledged by Roblox.

1 Like

When is EditableMesh and EditableImage coming out?

3 Likes
  • Experience Activity History: View the history of collaboration activities and configuration changes in your experiences. This is already live on Creator Hub and will be coming to Studio in Mid 2024. *

This is a useful feature, but can I have more information on how this will work?

Is there a way for someone to clear its history or for the creator to turn it off?

Will this feature log every change made by the collaborator(s) & the owner, similar to Script History?