Creator Store: Buy and Sell Plug-Ins with Real-World Currency

Roblox 10% tax :clown_face:

:clown_face::clown_face::pig2:

Characters characters

Ma’am, the boat is already sinking, Regional Pricing wont do much

3 Likes

There are no better words for it…

I contacted Roblox and they told me to contact Stripe. Then Stripe told me Roblox is in charge of supporting my bank as they are equipped withn tools to manage payouts to my account. So I reached out to Roblox again, and they told me “we realize this is disappointing but we’re unable to provide you with any further information or response”. Wtf? Does this mean ill just stop receiving any payment forever?

My bank is from a third world country so i really doubt it will ever be supported at any time in the future unless i specifically reach out for it, yet reaching out seems useless because they are not interested in solving issues. @crayzdesi4 you gonna look at this? You should keep robux as an alternative form of payment smfh.

7 Likes

Tbh they should just make two different types of products. (Ex. Public Plugins and Premium Plugins or some other name)

Then they could have the “public plugins” be sold for robux while the “premium plugins” would be sold for money only after Roblox figures out how to convert from other currencies. This way you might not be able to get the exact plugin you want but at least the devs who want to sell for money can still get what they deserve and ppl under 18 and ppl making less sophisticated plugins can sell too.

1 Like

In light of the recent blog post Roblox made here and the vote made here. Do you really prioritize and respect the community? Please show us instead of telling us you do.

P.S. This also applies to the recent changes to UGC here as well.

2 Likes

I made a post about this, the main problem I’m having is that people can extremely easily pirate and redistribute your plugin.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/is-there-anything-you-can-do-in-order-to-protect-your-plugins-is-roblox-doing-anything/2938390

There is literally nothing protecting your product if you choose to sell it. You can access purchased plugins with ease on your local drive…?

1 Like

As a young developer myself, reliant on Robux as my primary payment method, I find this update disappointing & irrelevant. Roblox didn’t need to completely remove the option to purchase plugins with Robux; they could have simply added the choice of using either USD / Robux.

This change limits access for younger developers who may not have access to real-life currency, reducing the number of users able to use these plugins. All assets on the platform should be purchasable with Robux!

Now, developers who earn primarily in Robux shouldn’t have to go through the hassle of converting their earnings to USD just to buy a plugin. What’s the point of keeping Robux if they’re limiting its use like this? It’s even more frustrating that now people under 18 can’t sell plugins anymore.

4 Likes

I don’t know if this is related to this update, but a couple days ago I noticed that some of my private offsale assets started randomly becoming free on the creator store? I had to manually take several models and audio offsale that I did NOT make available on the store. What is going on?

1 Like

Worst update to date :-1: atleast add so you can charge robux. You guys are just creating more reasons to devex your robux and not spend it on making higher quality games via plugins.

Please reverse this

3 Likes

I cannot buy anything because It won’t accept CAD :frowning:

Roblox won’t accept my card either. If I could do Paypal that’d be great.

Terrible update/changes.

Not all people like me attach their payment to their account just to be safe, but this? It looks like forcing people to put in their payment now unless they decide to stick the filling out the payment form.

Can we just include the Robux Payment method option instead of real-life currency? It’s much easier to purchase using Robux.

Also, I’ll be honest, this is another great way to earn creators’ money. I personally not a fan of this change.

8 Likes

Why it is not possible to add buy for robux and world currency??? This would be the best solution but complaining about this update won’t help because roblox doesn’t listen to the community

3 Likes

What’s the ETA for this fix? https://www.roblox.com/transactions started showing sales for free plugins from 4/15 to 4/16 then stopped suddenly. Is there a reason why it started and stopped so abruptly?

roblox: removing 70% of the plugins on the creator page update

3 Likes

I absolutely hate this update, no more buying plugins easily I guess.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

In line with our goal to continue making the Creator Store more accessible for as many people as possible, creators ages 13-17 can now sell on the Creator Store by having a parent/guardian sign up on their behalf via the connected Stripe form.

1. A parent/guardian will need to review and agree to the Creator Store terms.
  2. Parent/Guardian (18+) information must be entered on the Stripe form.

Thank you!

5 Likes

It’s hard to convince parents/guardians to buy stuff with Stripe (or other payment providers), Roblox has built up it’s reputation with Robux, and now we’re switching to Stripe all of a sudden?

What will happen with Roblox giftcards? Can we get a refund of them since this update, because they are basically now useless. What’s the process of doing that? (at least who purchase gift cards for robux for plugins)

I say this, with all of the respect in the world, I say this from a family that doesn’t believe is spending money on an online platform (or game), and will rather spend on Robux gift cards then anything else. I’m more then willing to communicate with y’all and figure if need be.

Well, for those who can convince their parents to do this for them, good luck and I wish y’all the best.

4 Likes

Roblox already uses Stripe to handle its purchases. See: https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203312560-Adding-and-Updating-Payment-Information#:~:text=Stripe%20and%20Xsolla%20are%20the,card%20information%20for%20future%20purchases.

(It’s worth noting that Stripe is one of the largest payment providers on the internet, but you just aren’t aware that you’re using Stripe because it doesn’t embed its branding as other payment providers do)

1 Like