Creator Store: Buy and Sell Plug-Ins with Real-World Currency

I don’t comment much on post, but this is by far the worst decision I’ve ever seen go live on this platform, there is so many problems everyone is addressing here already, I’m all for supporting a developer but this single update will impact so many devs and drive away new ones, if this is going to be a permanent feature, at least make it still cost Robux. Moon animator and Atmos used to cost 4$ devEx rates, now they’re both 30$ it’s ridiculous

5 Likes

Yes, I too want to lose 100% of my game revenue because of the target audience that my games appeal to!

This would not go down well with almost all developers I suspect. Please don’t give Roblox any more awful ideas.

Honestly, I thought the 2022 audio update was the worst so far, however I have to change my opinion.

This update is truly awful. The fact that you have to buy things for usd - where is the point of using robux at this point? By releasing this update, I can already see the future of roblox where everything will be in USD.

The fact that you could already get USD for plugins, game-passes and such incomes (by converting your robux to usd) was already enough, but roblox decides to add a usd market that not everyone can afford. And no, it’s not that you don’t have enough money, it’s that not all developers can convert their robux to usd due to regional requirements, and the fact that roblox only supports USD, you can’t buy anything at the moment if your country’s currency is not in dollars.

This update is really disappointing seeing roblox going downhill by making everything payable in usd.

However, this update may be good for the creators of these items, but not for people who want to buy them.
The only solutions I can see:

Remove this feature
Convert your robux to credits
Buy with robux/usd (optional)

3 Likes

Hell yeah! locking young people from buying gamepasses also and ruining the revenue for developers

2 Likes

I bet roblox wont do anything about the criticism that they’ve done

How about games in Steam? DLCs cost real money and not robux. Roblox is getting closer into being a serious platform.

you’re comparing a platform that was in usd since beginning and a platform that was in robux for over 18 years lol

2 Likes

Steam’s playerbase is mostly older than 18, while in roblox there are still players that are under the age of 13. You shouldn’t change something so player affecting

1 Like

You can pay in steam with RUB and other currencies

1 Like

plus, I believe that 50% of the roblox community is actually underaged

2 Likes

Yall will spend $20 at McDonalds but not $5 for a plug-in :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

at which mcdonalds does a burger cost 20$

4 Likes

There should be an option to buy Plugins with Robux.

Making it USD-Only means locking out people without a clear way to access real currency (ahem, children)

I could come up with so many points about why this update just warped everything up, but I chose this one.

2 Likes

What about the minimum wage? [I live in a country that does not have a national minimum wage]

Im sure he is referring to a meal, Why y’all want to spend 150 AED on The Cheesecake Factory but not 18.36 AED on a plugin?

1 Like

Children need to buy Robux which cost money anyways, this does nothing but help us developers get rid of the awful DevEx rate and actually get paid a fair share of the sale.

3 Likes

Congrats! Young developers no longer wants to develop in Roblox. (Roblox please cancel this update now, NOW!!!)

4 Likes

I understand your point, but Robux is something that people can easily build up, and it’s more accessible.

It makes purchases easier, and it’s just more comfortable in general.

like i said above, you can buy robux with Gift Cards, and also its not region locked

this is false, you think I can use an Turkish gift card in Afghanistan?

1 Like

What’s the problem with the minimum wage?