Creator Store: Buy and Sell Plug-Ins with Real-World Currency

I don’t think everyone needs a 500 usd plugin
I barely use plugins yet I still do good stuff for myself and my games. My income is pretty high, yet I do not require to use some expensive as hell plugins. Default roblox tools are pretty much enough for me.

3 Likes

that plugin is more for professional and rich developers who already made their income, most of us here haven’t even made $100. most Plugins on the Creator Marketplace aren’t even worth $10

4 Likes

I am born in a country where you can’t even buy robux at all [It’s a first world country]

1 Like

Of course not everyone needs a $500 plugin. Not everyone needs a $10 plugin or a $5 plugin, either. If you can’t afford to pay another creator for their services, then don’t use their product. Of course I’m sorry to those here who can’t use the creator store currently, but I value people being compensated fairly for their work, even if that means some people can’t access it.

1 Like

thats 1 country where not even probably 9 roblox developers come from. While yes, its incredibley sad to hear that you cannot buy Robux, (While thats not even Roblox’s problem) its not where roblox should focus on.

I am able to afford that 500 usd plugin but theres no need in that.

If you’re able to code its already enough to remake that plugin by yourself for free, and I doubt that designers are going to use this plugin just for their showcase place with high ultra graphics.

2 Likes

Schrodingers pricing going hard.
I saw a plugin offsale but in the creator hub it costed money.

3 Likes

Hey i think you would be a good higher up at Roblox. you should apply!

Why would you lock over millions of children for a Roblox Marketplace where most plugins aren’t worth $10. Explain please.

Once you put a price tag on your time, you’ll realize that remaking it yourself isn’t free because the time you spent making it for free could have been spent earning money elsewhere. If you’re a studio, this is even more true. Engineers are expensive, that’s why asset marketplaces sell so well outside of Roblox.

Of course, if you’re in a position where you can create a plugin yourself then do it. The specific plugin I linked is good because it’s proven to up almost every performance metric and KPI for the games that use it. As a result, your monetization and engagement stats also go up. It quickly pays for itself.

1 Like

Exactly, this plugin is made to optimize your game. The game won’t exist if there won’t be any coders, and question is:

A what high skilled coder needs to pay a whole half of 1,000 usd just for some tool you’ll use once in your life? Its literally simplier to code it by yourself and not spending any money on a lego game.

I’ve never spent any single cent on roblox since 2021. I’m only earning money off it.
And same question goes to you

Would you buy a 100 usd plugin by yourself instead of buying it with robux?

1 Like

Again, I value plugin creators being fairly compensated for their time higher than the number of people who can access those plugins. Of course, I’d love to see more people being able to access it. I’m sure this feedback is being taken on board. It literally says in the OP that they are aiming to support Robux purchases by the end of the year.

This is an MVP release. It will be iterated on and improved.

2 Likes

I spend literally hours even just making studio do what I want, let alone programming. There is no love in making plugins here. The plugin ecosystem on this platform needs all the incentive it can get if we’re going to see great extensions. Ten super productive and selfless developers with lots of free time can’t carry the entire platform and plugin marketplace.

8 Likes

same here, I can spend up to 14 hours a day in studio just to programm something for myself, it literally can be a funny tool to mess around or something for my projects.

The 10 games that use that plugin don’t justify a lot of negative aspects about this update
Saying not everyone needs the 500$ plugin and arguing with not everyone needs a 5$ - 10$ plugin either is just not it

There’s no weight behind your arguments lol. I think at this level you are better off at a different platform than roblox. Most of the plugins are overpriced anyways, I’m glad I bought many plugins in the past.

Because good engineers are expensive. The plugin I linked is targeting top games. In the world of top games, you could EASILY be spending $500-1000 USD a week per engineer. All I’m saying is that, when your studio is big enough and pays its engineers enough, it’s often cheaper to buy a tool that is already made than to pay one of your engineers to reinvent the wheel.

This is how the professional world works. Not every tool has to target everyone.

1 Like

Have you currently seen the marketplace? Plugins that are well not even worth $5 are priced at $30. your/their plan is failing.

Then release it by the end of the year. You wouldn’t release an unfinished product right?

4 Likes

it depends on that target audience you are looking for, if you’re looking for adults i think you would have to face that problem.

For example, If i am looking for adults to play my game i wouldn’t like to buy my gamepasses with Robux instead i would like them to buy my gamepasses with real world currency.

This option doesn’t need to be mandatory it can be optional, because some people would not like it.

Now it’s just my opinion, from what i am seeing roblox did not work on it. Didn’t have to be rude about tho!

1 Like

These users are on the hype train. Nobody will make dime a dozen plugins and then sell them for $30 if they want people to use their work. Everybody seems to be missing this and panicking. It will settle.

7 Likes

You don’t have to call a roblox engineer every week to optimize your game, if you’re unable to optimize it by yourself - go ask someone to do it once or buy a plugin once. There’s no difference between a single call of engineer and a plugin.

You’re proving my point that plugin you sent is literally useless and got no purpose to use if you’re able to script by yourself.

And personally I don’t care about the time. If I want to - I can spend a whole week on doing a remake of that plugin. Some games take years to do so I doubt that spending a week or month is going to damage the game.

1 Like

Maybe I’m just out of the loop, but is $5-10 really such a killer? Like, how much do you guys spend on food when you leave the house? A $5 investment into a plugin that could save you hours of time is not a bad thing.

1 Like