Creator Store Seller Onboarding Now Open!

I don’t think that the risk of this for the plugin creator needs an explanation. It’s like downloading a game which doesn’t have a license check and then refunding it.

1 Like

I may not consider converting to USD as a “block”, but I could see it being a slowdown. People making any kind of income may not have this issue, but certainly creators who are not working and are not old enough to work, though that’s probably a very small portion.

1 Like

Please do not do this. Young developers and new developers will not be able to start a roblox game if this update releases.

2 Likes

This will be a net loss for marketplace creators. The majority
of creator revenue is not be derived from the top five percent of generally older and team-based developers of experiences who are the only demographic comfortable with and suited to fufill this
proposed USD model, whom tend to purchase once, it is the contrary, the masses of young developers with a stock of earned robux, who can be influenced by content trends showcasing the functions of popular or less popular developer tools with a few function-specific
features.
→ The Roblox marketplace is for developers, by developers, community-based and passion-driven, what it truly is not, is a hyper, late-stage capitalist system where every developer can and or is willing to be forced into this model.
→ The conversion of Robux to USD is already limiting to the developers who fit the requirement, and would generally be a small but existing buffer to the concept.
→ If you do need a Stripe account to keep your asset on-sale and free, than every asset type which falls under this new model will be wiped off?

If you do not live in one of the countries listed below, you will not be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Capture3

1 Like

Curious as to if uploading free assets will still be possible? The very rare time I do decide to make any asset of mine public I prefer to keep it free.

5 Likes

???

You don’t need paid plugins to create a game. In the past couple of months of working for Virtual Valley Games, a group that does pull in a decent amount of money with several games, I have used only 1 plugin: a simple weld plugin, which has been free for well over a decade. Premium plugins help with development, but they are in no way required.

8 Likes

This. I’ve seen people before mistake plugins with being a necessity to make a game, but they’re really only a tool to speed up the process. You can make a game just fine with 0 plugins.

3 Likes

I have plugins for sale, but I am residing in a not supported country. It looks like I will have to remove them from the store and I will no longer be able to sell plugins on Roblox. Roblox needs to rethink this decision.

Edit April 12: They fixed it and I was able to create my account.

4 Likes

It is just a side-effect with this update and working with 3rd party companies.

I do wish that you dont need to have a Stripe account to make it free—

1 Like

4.99 USD*

This is really sad for Roblox creators… especially for minors, as we don’t have any payment methods…

2 Likes

100!

Well. Seems like another thing I can’t do because of my age…

Time to go start working at Walmart :joy:

4 Likes

I can’t comment on Brazil (I just know there are complications with e-commerce there, but that is all I know), but people in Russia are not going to have a good time anywhere for the foreseeable future due to sanctions. You aren’t getting Stripe payments, and you definitely are not getting DevEx. Third-party marketplaces like itch.io aren’t options either, nor is donations though Patreon. Just buying stuff is painful right now because of the sanctions. The best you can do on the current system is get Robux and then wait for who knows how long.

8 Likes

Even if the plugins were offered in Robux, it would have to be the same price in a DevEx rate for the Developer to make a profit off it similar to what they would make by you paying USD. Would you have enough Robux then to afford it? The prices would still be comparative to what they are now, the lowest likely costing 1,427 robux (at the $4.99 rate).

Again, at least people can earn robux through group funds, microtransactions, etc.

They already are offered in Robux and cheaper than what you claim

1 Like

Yes, they are offered in Robux as of right now, and yes, I’m aware they’re significantly cheaper than 1,427 robux. However, when this goes live, the pricing will have to be adjusted. Seeing to it that the lowest price you can offer is $4.99, doing some basic math can get you to 1,427 robux at the DevEx rate. That’s the rate I’m comparing it to.

1 Like

translation: We aren’t making enough money so we are gonna force ppl now to pay with more real money

2 Likes

so in summary, this update will make robux less worth buying, huh?

yeah i’m going to keep more than 5 digit amount of robux accumulated sitting in my account with no real use

1 Like

After having onboarded as a seller, I wanted to update the pricing for one of my plugins that is currently Robux-based. However, this is a group plugin, not hosted under my user account and it says that assets owned by a group are not eligible. What will happen to these assets on April 8th?

Reuploading under my user account seems less than ideal since I’d have to either maintain two asset listings for the same product, or deprecate one that people already paid Robux for.

1 Like