CRITICAL - Players getting kicked: "Same account launched from different device"

Players in Vesteria are getting kicked roughly 30s-1m after joining the game, receiving the following message:

This is affecting almost all of our players, and our playcount has dropped to below 50% what it normally is at this time as a result.

Twitter users have confirmed that this is happening in many games:

54 Likes

Can confirm this is happening, it’s destroying player counts.

17 Likes

There’s a lot more users reporting the issue here.

9 Likes

This problem started a few minutes ago some users thought it was that they had been hacked

10 Likes

An engineer in the DevForum Discord server indicated that this is being looked into 50 minutes ago.

6 Likes

yeah we’re all getting these errors, however I hope that this will be fixed quickly.

Thanks for the report!

Our engineering team is actively investigating, we will follow up once we have more information.

15 Likes

Team create is disconnecting frequently, possibly related?

9 Likes

Might be related to the current issue, we are actively investigating. Thanks for noting it!

6 Likes

On our game Invasion, players never get kicked in the lobby but once two or four players are matched and teleported to a game place (created with CreatePlaceAsync), they get kicked in seconds. However, the lobby is completely fine and functional.

1 Like

Ditto here. People are getting kicked after teleporting to a non-start place (everything but our main menu)

I can confirm this is happening

4 Likes

Other thread detailing same bug : Users Being Disconnected From Game - "Error Code: 273"

Just started happening on the lobby:

Has happened to me on all games regardless of OS/Device type, made me think someone is trying to hijack my account. Had quickly reset my passcode twice until I saw this post.

Edit: tried using my VPN, pretty sure it’s a global issue. a lot of users not happy since the error message makes people think their account is being accessed by someone else

Not sure if it’s related, but I’ve seen some people have their accounts terminated for “exploiting/botting behaviour” on Roblox (which they haven’t done), since this started a few hours ago.

I am getting the same issue in Rogue Lineage.

It keeps on happening to me nonstop. Its basically almost impossible to enjoy a game for over 30 minutes until roblox fixes this. Every single game i go into this happens.

1 Like

The issue has been resolved by our engineering team.

If you experience any further issues please let us know.

10 Likes

This just happened to me again.

8 Likes