CSG Union With Texture Turned "Invisible" In Game But Not In Explorer, Basically Gone

This issue happened to me twice in a row, so I decided to post about it now.

Here is my “union”. Its supposed to be a cylinder with a window hole in it, and then a texture applied after, but it’s gone now.
https://gyazo.com/3219cabaa5ba8a49f70c5999babd9bd8

The first time after making it, I published to roblox and came back a couple hours later to my project. It was gone, along with the meshpart cone on top and another union which was part of the roofing structure. Ok, no biggie I thought. I’ll just remake them.

After remaking them, I came back the next day (today), and bam. The cylinder with a hole in it was gone AGAIN. The other things that disappeared yesterday were still here though.

I’m kind of at a loss here. I tried to negate the union that was kinda there (in the explorer, had the two textures as children, but no actual geometry visible) and I got error code -25. No clue what that means.

Should I just stop using unions? What worries me the most is that my cone meshpart also disappeared the first time. I don’t know what to do, I don’t want to lose my work.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve experienced this too, however there have already been several forum posts regarding this issue, and it’s a known bug at this point. I’m not sure of a fix on this, or if there even is one yet.

1 Like

Do you know what causes this error so i can at least avoid doing it? Maybe ill just stop using unions and learn blender.

1 Like

I’ve been reading up on the issue, it seems to be a very common thing. People are saying it’s a “Corrupted Union”, and re-making it is your best shot. Some have speculated it’s due to using the undo/redo button multiple times, but I don’t think that’s confirmed.

1 Like

This problem has been reported many times, please search before posting. The union is corrupted and you’ll have to re-make it.

You can separate it and Union it again, hope I’m not too late :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried but it didn’t work :confused:

It do not works, happened with me a lot of times and separating it will delete the union. Only thing you can do is remake the union ( maybe, i remade every time happened to me )

Definitely recommend just using Blender at this point. The convenience of it being in-studio is not worth the risk of losing everything.

Alright I’ll do that… it’s really a shame though because unioning is so convenient for making different kinds of wedges and putting holes in things.

1 Like

The only in-studio solution would be to save your place as a separate file each time you make progress, so you can backtrack and replace it more easily when it does happen.

Blender has a boolean modifier which allows you to combine meshes in a similar way to how Roblox does it.

This happens a lot for me, but restarting studio usually fixes it.