Custom Inventory or Backpack

Do you have an idea what might be happening, I am using different instances like remote events and other models on the tool. I am not even using the InventoryHandler module on the scripts.

Fixed it, basically the tool gets equipped everytime you move it around because when ContextActionService:UnbindAction is called it also calls the function binded to it, so I just put an “if” statement in manageTool function

if inputState ~= Enum.UserInputState.Begin then return end

don’t know if this is a good solution but it works for me since it stops equipping tools when I don’t want them to

Hey, you’re right, it does call the function it’s binded to, but the tool doesn’t seem to activate in at that moment. I tried a few prints and tests, but no luck.
Glad the fix worked for you. Maybe you’re using an old version of the module, so if you want the latest one, try updating it.

Not sure if this is something related to roblox or code but Mobile Compatibility seems to get broken, after player dies, the rest tools were gone even if they were in StarterPack before, didn’t touch the tool sorting except appearance and visibility time

Scaling also appears to be broken, I did modify the UI to make it scale perfectly fit into the screen since the original one were oversized and it wasn’t squeezed like this until today.

Hello, thanks for letting me know I believe I have fixed everything.
Try the last version of the model

1 Like

As a token of gratitude, I made my modified InventoryGUI free for everyone.

create.roblox.com/store/asset/6831304252
InventoryGuiConduct - Roblox

Modifications:

• Made UI clean.
  • Plays sound when selecting a slot, opening Inventory & searching via SearchBar.
  • A random Color3 will appear around the slot when Tool is not Enabled.
  • Added mobile support.
    • Adjusted Inventory.Frame.ZIndex & SlotAmount
    • Added 3 Mobile Buttons
      CREDITS: The Correct Way to Design Mobile Buttons
      • Inventory: open/close Inventory
      • ToolDrop: enable/disable Tool dropping
      • SlotLock: enable/disable Slot locking
  • Redesigned everything (that includes rewriting the entire code to be readable).

InventoryGui

Updates (Dec 29, 2023 to Feb 20, 2024):

• Fixed DescriptionFrame bug when it isn’t deleted while hovering Slots to drag Tools from the Hotbar.
  • Made UIStoke always Enabled when a Slot is selected even if it is swapped or moved to Inventory/Hotbar (intended to be).
  • Addressed the DRAG_OUTSIDE_TO_DROP bug using WorldPivot (I still can’t figure out how to eliminate errors it produces).
  • Made UIStroke of a Slot always Enabled when the Tool is disabled (intended to be).
  • Patched the ViewportSize issue by adjusting Hotbar and Inventory’s AnchorPoint and Position (though not perfectly precise but good enough).
  • Rewritten for the second time.
  • Added 3 new Mobile Buttons.

⇒ My work here is done for good. InventoryGui will no longer be receiving updates from now on.

P.S. I implemented NewSlot animations for InventoryGui but it broke everything else. If anyone can fix it, please hit me up. I’d love to know since I worked on it for nearly a week but to no avail.
[Unstable] InventoryGui.rbxm

4 Likes

Hi,

Are you able to provide a .rbxl?

Also does it support stacking?

Can you have it so that when a slot is enabled, there can be a custom texture box id around it… same for the ones that are not selected?

1 Like

Also I ran it, and the hotbar, seems low on PC, hiding part of it…
And I do not see any color on the selected slot…

• Check the two files rbxm and rbx.
  • Of course, it does. Didn’t you use fernan1010’s? My modified InventoryGui is based on his.
  • I’m aware fernan1010’s already has the feature you’re asking for:

If you don’t prefer the default rbxassetid then change it, or if you want a custom one that is custom-made for my InventoryGui then let me know.
2 Likes

Ok thanks,

Why would the slot be below the visible area on purpose?

1 Like

I didn’t intend to make it below the visible area. If you look at the original post, images PC & Mobile all fit within the screen size.

Update: check post for new updates

1 Like

Excellent Job! This is a amazing resource, thanks for sharing it to other developers. I never really liked the look of the Backpack UI and I’ll most definitely use this in my newest game! :heart:

1 Like

When I play the game on roblox it isn’t hidden, in roblox studio it is. Just something annoying I guess

This is wholesome, I wish I could somehow ping it on the post.

1 Like

comment is a ping with your reply to it… ping pong ping…, I am going to check out his mod

You can increment the Hotbar’s position from 1.7 to 2 to fix it on Studio, but it would look slightly odd when on Client.

I’ve recently been busy with schoolwork so I can’t get around to getting any work done. Sincerely sorry! I’ll update the post when I have time.

@manybloxxer
Update: I got round to finally fix the issue of Hobar being hidden. Check both rbxm and rbx files in the post and let me know if it solves the problem.

hihi again, ik its been long since i reported the bug from my old phone

Ive compared and replaced the lines it changed but it doesn’t seem to fix the way these hotbars are listed, it still displays a nil or dismatched list, This one still occurs even on my newer phone.

ignore the dispositioned UI, phone refreshed itself

Its not just the code that I changed, I made the UI and its properties compatible with mobile.

Hi,
I looked at the code… and maybe forgot… is there a way of only having the hotbar slots, and no inventory / backpack… I see I can limit the slots a number, like 2 , but it will still fill up the inventory. I would like to have it so you can only have X amount of tools via the slot variable, and no inventory (if that is the correct name for the upper area where you can normally put stuff)

@fernan1010 or @VoltenNa ?

Thanks

And not just commenting out the code for the ` keybind… since it will still overflow into the inventory area…

oh and also what about slot stacking? of the same tool in one slot…

Since you pinged me, I’ll reply.

Well, disabling the Inventory Keybind will disable the feature of accessing the Inventory, but like you said any excess Tools will be directed to the Inventory.

If you want to make it exclusively Hotbar, then you have to make significant modifications (meaning you have to understand how it works which requires scripting knowledge):

That means not only removing the GUI but also a lot of its functionality.

It also means rewriting how AddTool() works and adding an if statement and an event checker to check whether the Player has the said maximum amount of Tools in his/her’s Hotbar. If so, it doesn’t add to Player’s Hotbar.

It would be a monumental work. Unfortunately, since I have schoolwork I can’t help you out. You could ask for fernan1010’s help. :wink: