Custom Inventory or Backpack

Is there a way to assign a tool to specific slot in your hotbar. Since im trying to make it so that the primary weapon is always assigned to 1 like in deepwoken

2 Likes

yeah you can do that for sure, you just need to use the module:addTool() function for example
module:addTool(oneTool: Instance, "HotBar", 1) this means that you add a tool to the HotBar on slot ONE

2 Likes

Yo, how do I remove the red outline, and make it like the roblox version where if you select it, the whole image background goes darker instead of the image?

Just change the image for another, try an empty white canvas of 200x200

hell yeah this is fire :fire::fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

I modified your custom inventory system so it fits my game
Do I have to properly credit your work in my game’s description?

1 Like

Nope you dont have to, unless you want :smile:

1 Like

Interesting! might use in my game im working on.
edit: This is so cool! I will use it for my game
edit 2: well, looks like i found a bug already.
edit 3: you guys are asking what it was, so basically i just opened my inventory and kept on dragging items into the inventory and on to the hotbar, and basically it just made a little red square in the inventory with no item inside, but the tool was in my hotbar as well, but there was no icon, and it just said the tool name and I couldn’t equip it.

1 Like

You should report it, this module didnt have much testing before release.

Very interesting, planning on using this in the future. Thanks!

1 Like

I noted the bug, Ill look into it.

Is there a way i can limit how many tools are in the hotbar?

Yeah read the settings in the module.

Hello! First off, thank you so much for creating this, we have been searching for a custom inventory for quite a while. My only question is concerning how to properly add tools to the hotbar in a specific position from a saved moveset. Can I only assign the position of the tool in the hotbar the first time its added to backpack (as opposed to moving tools around via script that are already in hotbar)? We add all our tools just after load in so I have had some issues trying to assign their proper positions without duplicating them.

If you wanna move a tool while its already added to the backpack all you have to do is find its toolObject and then use DisconnectAll which will delete the tool Frame and then just add it back into a new slot wherever you want

1 Like

Thank you, I actually managed to set it up so that the new tools get assigned their slot on addition. Now I have a bug where if a tool is dragged from the hotbar to the inventory, the tool that was in the hotbar gets duplicated in the inventory. Any ideas if this already existed or if I added code somewhere I shouldn’t have?

I Just fixed it, try replacing the module with the new one.

1 Like

Hello, I fixed this bug.
Update the module and let me know if it persists

What are your changes, ie list them out and why to us it…? Looks like drag and drop to the workspace?

Glad to see people making good use of the module and expressing their creativity.
Initially, I created this module for a personal project, and that feature is completely intended.
I would say its up to the users preference :d

2 Likes