"Default" button on Profile Picture editor resets full body shot thumbnail incorrectly

roblox really needs to get on this bruh

11 Likes

some update that I found while trying on hats from catalog
now it shows your ruined body pfp! before it was showing the default one, so maybe thats a bit of progress (?)

14 Likes

Noticed this update a couple days back too, also used the RoPro sandbox feature to try on some items since the bodyshot using the RoPro sandbox feature rendered the correct bodyshot however, I noticed a couple days back it was displaying my actual bodyshot and not the correct bodyshot anymore. Also opened the images in new tabs and compared the links and this is what I got:

Rendered avatar using the Roblox Avatar page:

Rendered avatar using the RoPro Sandbox feature:

Notice how the first link using Roblox’s avatar page reads “30DAY-Avatar”. Not sure if I’m looking into it too much but hopefully a breakthrough of sorts.

9 Likes

I noticed this a few days ago as well. It used to display the classic default camera angles while trying on items from the marketplace, even if you didn’t have the default camera angles any longer. This appears to be a parity change which shows that they’re indeed working on patching up the weird issues with avatar thumbnails behind the scenes.

10 Likes

im glad that they haven’t overlooked this. my profile will look good again once this fix is out.

10 Likes

It was comforting to see this topic. My avatar has looked terrible for about a year now, and I’ve tried everything to fix it.

thank you for your response, but it shouldn’t have been so difficult to put a button to reset.

Edit: I remember now this topic:
I have opened this bug before. I didn’t have bug report permission at that time.

14 Likes

Yoo awesome! I’ve been waiting ages for this and I’m so happy to hear progress on it!!

16 Likes

Me too! My profile has looked awful and ruined for almost 2 years, but we are hopefully finally getting a solution.

17 Likes

So glad to finally hear this is going to be fixed. This was ruining my profile.

20 Likes

lets hope i can finally wear more than one accessory without the angle being messed up and my avatar being pushed under and out of frame, and that full-body has a separate changer as a step in profile image editing.

19 Likes

Weekly update check, anymore updates or perhaps an estimated date in which we could expect this update to roll out?

26 Likes

Do you have any new updates or a progress report? Any info you can get would be helpful

17 Likes

Weekly update check, anymore updates or perhaps an estimated date in which we could expect this update to roll out?

8 Likes

I’m sure the avatar engineers have bigger problems to deal with. Give them time.

9 Likes

Weekly update check, anymore updates or perhaps an estimated date in which we could expect this update to roll out, it’s slightly concerning having noticed my reply last week hadn’t been responded to but, I understand not all replies can be responded to and the overwhelming work that’s probably going on behind the scenes.

11 Likes

I have an idea of how they could implement it into the Roblox app:

21 Likes

This is a very sweet concept, hopefully the admins take notes.

10 Likes

Thanks! It’d be nice if they released it like this, and in the future added more features to the customizable profile picture.

9 Likes

Nice concept! Let’s hope they implement it. Unfortunately, Roblox loves to nourish us with false hope, and does nothing to tackle said problem. But let’s not speak negative and hope something happens.

16 Likes

Please give us estimated date.

9 Likes