"Default" button on Profile Picture editor resets full body shot thumbnail incorrectly

When you reset your profile picture back to the default using the “Default” button on mobile, your full body shot is reset to the default headshot positioning and zoom. This is different to that of a brand new account.

Here’s two examples. The left being an account which has used the “Default” button and the right being a brand new account.

[R15]

[R6, which has the most noticeable difference]

I’d also like to note that your outfits will show the CORRECT body shot

Meanwhile, this is what is displayed on my profile.

Expected behavior

I expect that pressing the Default button will return my full body shot AND my headshot to their original states.

113 Likes

My profile is forever ruined because of this : (

43 Likes

Bumping this, because this needs to be addressed, and also because I want to mention that it also resets the headshot thumbnail incorrectly as well, not just the full body shot.

27 Likes

Yeah I was testing out my profile picture today and the “default” setting has the camera positioned higher than it was before, now I can’t change it back :melting_face:

16 Likes

I got the old headshot thumbnail back with code but you can’t get full body, only works on r15, and doesn’t work with other accessories besides ROBLOX Visors.

edit: you can somewhat get the fullbody angle with the claymore sword and also setting thumbnail type to 2 and rotating the angle to 27

15 Likes

Bumping this, there’s not enough people talking about this issue. I personally find it to be one of the most frustrating unaddressed issues with the profile emotes feature. The true default camera angles that brand new accounts get when they sign up should be something people who have equipped the profile emotes should be able to go back to if they wanted to. I’ve been told by many people who’ve tried this feature out that they had no idea they wouldn’t be able to revert back to the true default avatar headshot, bodyshot thumbnails, and pose as there’s no official warning when applying it to your profile. The feature was a very nice addition to the Roblox platform, but I believe not being able to switch back to the original profile pose and thumbnails is a huge customization oversight or possible unintended bug even. Please fix this Roblox!

THE TRUE DEFAULT vs IN-APP “DEFAULT” BUTTON

This account has never applied a custom profile emote. Meaning, it has the true default headshot thumbnail that every account has when it signs up. Notice how it looks proportional. Everything appears to fit quite well in the camera view.
Screenshot 2023-11-19 041827

This account has previously applied a custom profile emote and clicked the current “Default” button. Notice how the avatar’s head gets pushed down by the height of the hat and overall makes the headshot look disproportional. Everything appears really cluttered in the camera view.
Screenshot 2023-11-19 041827 2

TLDR; The profile emotes are a wonderful addition to the Roblox platform, but there needs to be an option to officially go back to the true default pose and camera angles.

28 Likes

Hello, any chance an engineer can get on this?

19 Likes

Take a look:

• This bug report that I will soon be celebrating the 1 year anniversary of (december 5)
  • This bug report that Preston from BIG Games bumped (being worked on, god bless the engineers)
  • This critical bug report about algorithm changes killing off multiple games (again, preston from BIG games complained on this thread)

I remain hopeful though. I’d expect to see this report solved sometime this year, since roblox is actively stepping up their Bug reports game :+1:

EDIT: fixed link 1

11 Likes

Maybe try posting these as a reply to this message. The staff member here seemed quite adamant they’re doing their best to improve their responsiveness to bug reports, and it did seem like it, but now it seems like they’re falling behind again. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

8 Likes

I almost want to switch accounts unless they fix this

13 Likes

It’s quite frustrating isn’t it, most hats will push down your avatar’s head in the headshot thumbnail and make you look super short lol. Don’t see what’s so hard for Roblox to just let us go back to default.

10 Likes

I’m quite surprised this hasn’t been formally addressed by Roblox or its staff alike in spite of the many posts made regarding this issue.

6 Likes

Bumping this! I have been struggling with this issue for months and I REALLY want to get the default profile headshot back on my account! I LEGIT keep contacting support about this issue and they do not address it or try to help me. I appreciate OnceCrowned for making this thread though, and everyone here for supporting it! I really hope Roblox will fix this soon! :pray:

17 Likes

Not sure if this: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/how-to-reset-a-profile-picture/2529567 is what you are talking about.

4 Likes

He already viewed it, and from the person who made the tutorial, IT IS MISLEADING!!!

When I change my R6 Bodyshot with that, it is stuck

5 Likes

UPDATE: A user who goes by Pavsly on Roblox claims that he spoke to staff at RDC about this exact issue. This isn’t really the best news considering they’re claiming its not of high priority, but at least staff are aware of this and plan on fixing it in the unforeseeable future.

(In case anyone’s wondering about the source: Nothing official but, I got sent this by my friend e0sy who is known in loads of Roblox communities and I’d consider him trusted when it comes to information like this)

15 Likes

bumping, mine has been stuck like this for over a year I have tried fixing it but nothing helps

8 Likes

if its not possible to fix this at least give us more advance options to change FOV, rotation and camera positions for headshot and full body pls :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

As someone who uses R6 more often than not, I have avoided changing my pfp on this account for this exact reason. It’s frustrating, but pretty minor. Hope Roblox gets their list of priorities down to this.

13 Likes

Bump what the hell is this

IT SHOULD BE LIKE THIS

10 Likes