"Default" button on Profile Picture editor resets full body shot thumbnail incorrectly

Generally the idle pose for the character model in bundles looks like this
noFilter_1
noFilter-1
noFilter-2
noFilter-3

not like this:
Webp
It weirdly resembles the new profile picture for some reason

4 Likes

Kind of reenforces my worst fear: This is the new normal and they have no intentions of “Fixing” anything

6 Likes

Yeah, I got slightly worried when I saw the icon for the realistic run. I mean some parts of it don’t match the new profile pictures, but it looks extremely similar. I still do have hope they’ll fix and release it sooner or later.

wait, I just realized that I turned the FOV up on my profile picture, so mine and the realistic run’s icons do look the same

3 Likes

̶I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶f̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶e̶d̶i̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶(̶b̶u̶n̶d̶l̶e̶s̶)̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶’̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶a̶l̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶f̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶d̶l̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶e̶.̶

̶h̶t̶t̶p̶s̶:̶/̶/̶d̶e̶v̶f̶o̶r̶u̶m̶.̶r̶o̶b̶l̶o̶x̶.̶c̶o̶m̶/̶t̶/̶t̶h̶e̶-̶d̶e̶f̶a̶u̶l̶t̶-̶i̶d̶l̶e̶-̶p̶o̶s̶e̶-̶i̶s̶-̶i̶n̶c̶o̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶/̶2̶9̶0̶7̶5̶7̶2̶

Update:

Yes, it’s a sad that ROBLOX makes rhtro avatars size the default for profile pages. The original looks much better.

4 Likes

What I mean is that the icon for the Realistic Idle has the same positioning as the “default” on the new profile pictures, which worried me

3 Likes

they look the same to me idk what the problem here is

and is that not for the reason i gave?

the "default" pose is whatever the pose of your idle animation is

Screenshot 2024-04-25 154055
Screenshot 2024-04-25 153517

Screenshot 2024-04-25 154300
Screenshot 2024-04-25 153552

Screenshot 2024-04-25 154355
Screenshot 2024-04-25 153619

why

3 Likes

They’re different. The icon for the Realistic Idle is more zoomed in, which matches the NEW “default” profile picture bodyshot.

The “default” pose I’m talking about is the new “default” pose, which is more zoomed in than the old one.

It worried me because this might be Roblox trying to switch over to the new profile picture thumbnails for everything, which would make things look worse in general.

Open these two images in new tabs and switch between the tabs quickly:
noFilter_1
Webp
You’ll see the positions of the character model in the thumbnail IS different.

5 Likes

idk what to say to you anymore dawg we should all cower in fear at the plague of incorrectly positioned avatars i guess

3 Likes

In case anyone is curious, Hooksmith told me the exact status of this bug report last month. If I had to guess, this bug probably hasn’t been fixed quickly due to it only being a visual issue and having a low impact.

For those who are spam posting, please remember that this is a bug report, not a discussion. I understand wanting to advocate for a fix, but this isn’t the way to do it. It’s alright to request for an update occasionally but not constantly. If you really want to see this bug fixed, be patient and only post when you have something significant to contribute or notice a change in behavior. Otherwise, constant complaining and discussions of other issues will only slow the process by cluttering the thread (as it already has). Please see:

14 Likes

At this point you’re overreacting.

5 Likes

okay okay, sorry, I’ll shut up now but vin was behind this and hopes to this being fixed :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Finally? Really?! Well, hope this really happens, because this is from february lol.

8 Likes

we really do not know if they are truly listening to us or not. only time will tell…

8 Likes

Yeah the Rthro thumbnails just got updated too. I don’t think it’s changing sadly :frowning:

4 Likes

It’s interesting because the new thumbnails for the Rthro and Realistic animations resemble the old thumbnails. If you didn’t know, Roblox updated classic bodyshots in 2021 for some reason, making them a little more zoomed out than they were before.

2 Likes

Can you send a picture for comparison?

2 Likes

2018:
a980456a25464141ff788a601306f9ad71bff050

2024:
Png

2 Likes

early 2023 is when that happened, not 2021

4 Likes

Oh, I saw shirt/pant thumbnails being updated into the new position around 2021, but then I saw a flamingo video from january of 2022 and the old thumbnails were also there.
I think early or the summer of 2023 is when everyone’s headshot and bodyshot images got reset so there was no outdated ones.

3 Likes

I have an account that used to have the old r15 idle pose but I think it got update.
character
heres what it looked like

5 Likes