Default HeadWelds mess accessories up

Hey! I’ve been trying to make some NPC’s but as soon as I paste/duplicate them (or paste/duplicate/move their tools) they look like this:

After I remove every HeadWeld from Head they turn back to normal:

I tried to set the AccessoryType property (in this case, Shoulder) but still doesn’t work, please help me to fix this.

UPDATE: it seems to work perfectly in other places I created, but in this one it doesn’t work :frowning:

Thank you for reading!

1 Like

Have you checked to see if the tool handle or any of it’s parts is actually anchored?

2 Likes

They aren’t anchored; I’ve been working with these tools for a long time ago.

Thank you for replying!

Could you tell me what the HeadWeld would be used for? I’m assuming it’s for the hair of the NPCs.

Also, you’re welcome! I was looking at this post thinking someone would reply but surprisingly no one has yet, so I wanted to be of assistance

1 Like

I’m not sure, but I guess it’s for welding accessories to the head. Also, check the update:

Thank you for replying!

1 Like

Can you send the screenshot of explorer of every part in the npc?

1 Like

Here you have (that “Right” is a right shoulder accessory).

Thank you for replying!

1 Like

UPDATE: some other dummies seem to also get duplicated/pasted with no head, also accessories lose their previous size (and also, as shown, position).

Image (in this case, head and hair got deleted but the back shield kept its size and position):

1 Like

Hmm, honestly, I have no idea what to do in this situation, parts and accessories are setted up fine, probably roblox is just buggy. Maybe you can try to spawn dummy outfit and exactly dress it up as your character

1 Like

I may have found the fix, basically create a dummy from the rig builder and edit it instead of using a player’s rig or just delete every single attachment in the rig’s torso (or specifically the ones who are causing the problem)

1 Like

I’m not at home right now but I’ll try this solution as soon as possible, I’m using the rig editor though so I’m not sure if this solution may work (also, attachments are what attach accessories to its respective character parts). I created a new topic about it: Body attachments aren't being detected, HeadWelds forcefully being created

Thank you for replying (also to you @Lie_Star)!

1 Like

Is the game a team create game? It’s a known bug for the character loader and similar scripts.

Also– don’t post bug reports in scripting support. Message developer relations and they can help you.

2 Likes

Game is not currently on team create mode.

As I said in other topic (which I linked in other reply) I couldn’t post it in Bug Reports (I’m not allowed for some reason I think).

Thank you for replying!