Deprecating Comments for Marketplace Items

You can always use groups for this.

you guys are going to can a 16-year-long history of comments and posts. please reconsider or back them up somewhere on some HDD for the love of god. archivists wonā€™t be able to save all of them, if these comments get wiped itā€™s entire ERAS of conversation that are going to disappear forever

2 Likes

if anyone wants to archive comments use this link:
www.roblox.com/comments/get-json?assetId=2766576&startIndex=0 (works with badges and development assets too)
if you archive the item website it wont work because it uses the current api so in the future it would appear blank

1 Like

/e free? free!

Good decision, comments are either just scams or spamming /e something. Maybe instead add some security measures though instead. (Iā€™m not sure exactly how it would work though myself)

/e free

tā€™was an era

Rest in pieces

There were barely any useful comments on marketplace items. Almost all of them were spam or useless messages. I agree with this update.

1 Like

Donā€™t remove them, Just add strict moderationā€¦

2 Likes

Also, does this mean that its getting replaced with group walls?

Iā€™m kinda shocked this didnā€™t happen sooner. Comments have mostly been filled with complete nonsense for years now. Itā€™s sad to see it go considering how long itā€™s been on the platform, but Iā€™m more impressed by how Roblox tried to keep it going despite all that happened.

All I can say is please add the reviews feature from free models to marketplace items so at least one of the things comments were made for can live on. And on games too, Iā€™d love to see it on games.

1 Like

Those comments have really became a disaster throughout the years and Itā€™s never changed. But it would be nice if it was always able to be read at least because it was a good way to get ā€œinspirationā€ (defiantly not steal) for outfits, and to tell if the item was good or not. but still; its a complete mess

1 Like

I totally get it. The servers running your SQL Server 2005 database are spontaneously combusting every Friday or so. Good riddance!

4 Likes

Usually I donā€™t agree with ROBLOX removing things but I understand this one, this has been abused for a while, I even saw this today bypassed in the comments section of a catalog item.

The comments are really nothing nowadays apart from bypassed stuff, spam and scams and just purely hateful comments by trolls.

Though I do want to see the forums return eventually but god I think we should have a system like vrchat/devforum where trusted users can only post instead of letting just anyone utilize it. :point_down:t3:

I guess this is part 2 of the comments removal since I remember the comments for games got removed in either 2017 or 2018.

Long live billy and /e free.

On a related note does this pave the way eventually for removing private messages and party chats? since those are also abused, and I just have mine off nowadays since obviously that + DC and GD.

10 Likes

The next step is to disable links on group walls and give us some moderation tools for group wall messages.

1 Like

roblox try not to remove a beloved feature challenge (impossible)

1 Like

they could keep the comments but add very strict moderation :skull:

2 Likes

I think FabledFawn (Display Name) got bannedā€¦

1 Like

As much as I donā€™t want this to happen, I see why they made the decision.

The comment section nowadays are either promoting scams or people spamming /e free which would make it pretty hard for people to use it for its intended use: Feedback.

The only thing I ask it to change the the deprecation date to when the proper feedback feature is added as it may take a while to roll out this feature.

1 Like

This is overkill. The comments section needed a spam filter, not removal.

2 Likes

Letā€™s stop pretending that group walls give you any insight at all.

I own an Experience with over 30 Million visits and my group wall is either copypastas or just gets closer to a Discord casual chat.

We need something like Steam reviews, a dedicated tab for ā€œReviewsā€ where you can rate a game positively or negatively.

2 Likes

Are they ACTUALLY running on SQL 2005? LOL.

3 Likes