Developer Awards! Phase 2: Virtual Items

I know a few people who reached the milestone but haven’t gotten any crowns regardless (even though they owned the game). Could you please inform us of what the DevAwards team responded with? Also, why is it that there are so many complains here that people aren’t getting their crowns (even ones who own the game). I really do hope that Roblox has not completely suspended the program, but so far I haven’t really seen new people getting the crowns.

1 Like

The program has been suspended. It’s coming up on almost an entire year (next month) since they’ve awarded ANYONE crowns.

1 Like

I’m the owner of a game with 30k MAU, yet all I have is the golden crown from the first wave. I have yet to receive my orange or red crowns.

2 Likes

I don’t know, if the crowns were suspended then the Roblox staff would have said so and so far I haven’t seen any staff member post about the crowns being suspended, only that it would only be given out to game owners. I don’t know any more than any other dev here.

1 Like

I don’t have the email anymore but it was just telling me that the crowns are given out in quarters. And some other stuff that I forgot.

1 Like

Do you remember if they mentioned anything else? What I am looking for is something different than the standard response that everyone gets whenever they contact them. I will try to reach out to them on my behalf and see if they respond, but like I mentioned, I am looking for something other than the classic copy-paste stuff.

Yeah, not much else sadly. All I know is that they respawned to me but gave the same response as roblox support did.

It’s highly unlikely you’re going to be able to reach anyone higher, nor would I believe they’d be interested in discussing this program and awarding items given how large this thread has gotten with no official word. All we know is that they’re working on a new system and until/if that releases we won’t be seeing any crowns get awarded as of right now.

This is the recent response from Developer relations (devawards email). It is a copy-pasted response, but this is from Dev Awards itself and not roblox support, so I don’t get why they would say this if it has been suspended.

3 Likes

Maybe they think your not the owner if it is a group game?

No one is getting crowns, group games or not. At this point, I’ve lost hope in the developer crowns ever returning.

5 Likes

Honestly sad how everything good on Roblox is abused to the point where it gets removed. (ie. Tix, Public Audio, and now this)

2 Likes

@Missimo93 When will these be returning?

5 Likes

Good, a question, these crowns are still given after many users received it without having done a professional job? I ask because, in the next few days I should receive the 100 MAU crown. Regards,

4 Likes

These crowns aren’t given anymore as far as I’m aware. The applications have been suspended and that has been stated officially, but unofficially, I believe the entire system has also been suspended. There are people who have met the requirements but haven’t gotten the crown, and as far as I’m aware, no one has gotten their crowns, automated system or not. The reason for the suspension was dishonest applications and people getting the crown without even earning it (they made games that basically said “join my game so I can get the crown”, and those people don’t deserve crowns since they did nothing to earn them), and for this reason Roblox decided to suspend the program. Honestly, I personally do not believe that it is ever coming back as Roblox hasn’t said anything regarding this issue after this long.

1 Like

There are a lot of people that have already received crowns, though. So it makes me question if some have the crowns but they have shut down the program, does that mean they will delete the other crowns from people’s inventory? They have done that in the past, with other events, so I wonder if this one will be the same.

Secondly, the fact that a lot of people told other to join their game just to get the crown isn’t abusing it in any way. It’s just advertising, to reach a goal. I’d hope that Roblox didn’t shut down the program just because people were advertising in that way, in which case what is the point of making an incentive like that.

1 Like

I doubt that they will be deleted. There is a slight chance that this program might continue in the future, but I doubt it.

Completely false. I am not talking about advertising. I am talking about games that were named “Join so I can get the crown” which were literal baseplates with people just so they could farm crowns. I would by no means be mad at people advertising their games, but this wasn’t advertising, they were no-effort games made purely to earn people crowns. The Crown of O’s lost it’s value this way as many people who didn’t earn it got it, therefore diminishing any value from it. Those are the ones I am takling about.

1 Like

At the end of the day, it’s just a hat. Most people who did this would only get the gold crown and (very rarely) got bombastic. It’s not like people can easily farm the higher tier, more prestigious crowns.

1 Like

I achieved 100 hits per day for 3 consecutive months, I happened to contact moderation support and they informed me that the request should be redirected to the following email:

Request email: devawards@roblox.com

So, when they told me that I thought they would be enabled, at least manually. Now I have sent a request to the address offered by the official support, but it has been 5 days and I have not received neither the reward notification in the mail nor the crown. Now, in about 3 months I should also be awarded the crown of 1000 visits (MAU) as they are currently increasing, but I do not see that it will happen for the moment and the truth is that I dislike the news, some get it without doing absolutely nothing and I really deserve it, maybe I do not get anything.

Captura de pantalla 2022-06-07 160230

1 Like

so um… any news as to when this will be added?

1 Like