Developer console does not execute code in command line

When play testing in Studio, using the in-game F9 console command line doesn’t seem to work and all inputs are ignored:

Expected behavior

The play test F9 console should behave the exact same as the in-game F9 console:

A private message is associated with this bug report

28 Likes

I have the same problem! Still waiting on it getting fixed…

4 Likes

I have same issue!!!

2 Likes

For studio, you can just use the command bar.

View (top left) → Command Bar

2 Likes

This isn’t a solution; The command bar runs in a different virtual Lua sandbox than the server, so global and shared values aren’t ported over, which makes it effectively useless besides changing values and running functions

3 Likes

I don’t really see a reason to need a server command while you’re in studio then.

Also having this issue currently, it’s really interrupting my workflow.

1 Like

Datastore modules, shared/global functions, etc. It can be very debilitating not being able to test your functions or modules in real-time.

2 Likes

Just put them in a script and play it then lol

This defeats the whole purpose of the command bar in the first place.

5 Likes

same thing, it worked just fine few days back
time to wait for a fix

1 Like

this has been a problem for me for months, it never works for me even in studio or the player
also im not sure if this has something to do with it but i can open the command line ui in any game (regardless of whether i own it) and input text, it just doesnt do anything, similar to the video in ops post.

1 Like

ive never tried this in studio, but because of this post i did.

works in game but not in studio.

i still have the old ui because the new one hasnt rolled out to my account yet. but my studio uses the new ui. maybe that is related? i dont know.

1 Like

I’m having the exact same issue

1 Like

Me too, hope they fix it soon, thank you!

1 Like

I have been having this issue since the last studio update as well.

1 Like

Same issue here, I would really like a fix for this asap.

1 Like

Please fix this, its really annoying not to be able to use the console in studio to test things out. Having to go into the actual game and not having a output and such gets annoying really fast.

1 Like

Extremely difficult to debug my game right now, still waiting on a fix.

2 Likes

Disappointing that there hasn’t even been an official response yet. This is interrupting so many people’s workflows.

1 Like