Release Notes for 628

Hey everyone, 628 is out the door!

43 Likes

man thank you that thing about crashes my nightmare game

12 Likes

Is this supposed to say RBXScriptSignal:ConnectParallel not RBXScriptSignal::ConnectParallel?

8 Likes

A Roblox engineer probably used the C++ internal method…

12 Likes

Any actual update on when this would be fixed?

Instead of saying it’ll be fixed, how about it actually gets fixed.

9 Likes

This is cool:

But… wouldn’t Enabled make more sense? :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Recall that it’s a node network.

• Enabled = false implies that no sound passes through the node at all.
  • Bypass = true implies that the sound passes through the node unchanged.

Though yes, Enabled was considered as a naming option there.

12 Likes

If they added the ability to use mouse side buttons as inputs, it would be cooler.

I am quite intrigued about the lighting optimizations, and what is the input switching jump bug, do you know?

5 Likes

Idk why it feels like every version comes out twice, probably misremembering but I could’ve sworn the last version was 628 too

6 Likes

Yeah they both look awfully similar

2 Likes

Still no fix for the inverse controls bug? New Framerate Inverts Controls

3 Likes

On-going problem that many people need fixed!

3 Likes

Some of our users are reporting rendering artifacts on mobile devices. Some kind of light flickering.

Most likely caused by the light optimization released here. I’ll post a bug report once I have more proof, just interested if other devs have noticed this for their games…

EDIT: Lighting rendering bug (flickering/visual glitching)

4 Likes

Release Notes for 627

Fixes:

• Humanoid:GetPropertyChangedSignal(“FloorMaterial”) now fires properly.

Release Notes for 628

Fixes:

• Humanoid:GetPropertyChangedSignal(“FloorMaterial”) now fires properly.

When is this getting fixed… lol

3 Likes

Usually when you see this it’s because the code for the fix failed QA testing and needed an amendment before it could be turned on.

2 Likes

We think there’s some duplication in our pipeline due to 626 being an internal release. I’m hopeful that subsequent sets of release notes won’t have duplicates, but we’ll keep an eye on it. :+1:

3 Likes

wee
should i be looking forward for new voxel grid lighting coming out late summer? (i might be raising my expectations high on that for some reason)

3 Likes

Still waiting for CameraOffset jitter to be fixed, been years…

1 Like

No more “Roblox Home” button under Quick Links to quickly get to your roblox.com homepage from the creator dashboard? Hoping this is a glitch, because otherwise it is another thing that adds more and more clicks to do a simple task.

2 Likes

Sorry for the wait, aiming to get the fix for this in for the release after next

3 Likes