Developer Deeplinking [Beta]

Thanks for checking!

Actually we tried with Discord and Twitter, which are the places that we use the most, and it doesn’t work on both. Even if you copy the link and paste on safari it doesn’t open the game directly.

This happens only on iOS, we don’t have problem with any other platform.

2 Likes

Currently having an issue where I’m using the launchData as a server-code to teleport to a reserved server, and then if it makes a teleport inside of that place again, redirecting to the main place, it will have the launchData cached and recycle the whole process.

Is there any way to invalidate a user’s launchData?

tl;dr: Teleport redirects after the initial spawn from that launchData should NOT include the launchData again and should be treated as a normal teleport.

1 Like

Logging an issue, I tried opening a QR code from my iPhone’s camera to open into it.

It launches into the correct game but the Launch Data is completely missing.
With the launchData the game should automatically load a community map named ‘Decaying Silo’ and automatically put you in a round, but it just does nothing.

Hopefully this gets resolved, would love to empower my community with easier methods of sharing content for the game.

QR Code:

Link:
https://ro.blox.com/Ebh5?af_dp=roblox://placeId=11951199229&launchData=kgm*j23&af_web_dp=https://www.roblox.com/games/start?placeId=11951199229&launchData=kgm*j23

2 Likes

Getting a similar issue to Leo’s where pasting the AppFlyer link in chrome on windows 10 doesn’t send me to the game’s page.

See DeepLink Test Failing for more details

1 Like

Any plans to make it embed on apps like Discord the way normal experience links do?

1 Like

Hi,

Using the roblox:// protocol it launches the game but it doesn’t pass launchData.
But using https://www.roblox.com/games/start it launches the game and does end up passing the launchData.
Is it possible to get the URI fixed?
(Running firefox on windows)

EDIT: Looks like this has been silently fixed since this post. Thanks!

5 Likes

Deeplinking now works on Windows Store Roblox as well!

As a suggestion, adding the “privateServerLinkCode” parameter to deeplinking would be awesome - as it’s currently not possible to send an user to an actual private server in traditional manner.

This change would also allow Windows Store players to join private servers using “privateServerLinkCode” from the generated URL, otherwise it’s still not possible for them to join private servers without being invited by the owner, which is a huge lack.

@goldzun if someone can make this happen it’s you :wave:

6 Likes

Hi,

Using the roblox:// protocol the quotes in our JSON data are getting stripped out of the launchData as seen below. This only started happening in the two days or so, Is it possible to get this fixed?
RobloxPlayerBeta_Opm9lc1bHr

Thanks!

7 Likes

Hello,

This has also started to happen in URLs too

Would like to get this fixed as soon as possible.

5 Likes

I am also having this issue

For me, it removes the quotes, and only gives me partial data

%7B%22roomId%22%3A%202%7D

Should be {"roomId": 2} but its giving me {roomId

2 Likes

@Raspy_Pi @9maximuspondal0 @CaptinLetus

I’ve filed a bug report on this issue, please forward the replies you gave here to the bug report : Deeplinking corrupts JSON data

4 Likes

Hey everyone,

Thanks to your feedback, we’ve become aware of an apparent platform limitation on Windows that causes URL-encoded double-quotes to be stripped out.

As we investigate, our suggestion going forward is to not use raw URL-encoded JSON, or any other format using double-quote characters. One workaround we’ve found helpful is to use Base64 encoding for LaunchData, as that’ll remain intact when being passed to us.

I will update you as soon as I have any new information to share.

Thank you.

5 Likes

This does not appear to be the case, just had an annoying code issue because LaunchData is sent with every subsequent teleport

1 Like

Using the AppsFlyer link on iOS with the Roblox app not installed is just leading to a blank white page that says “app not found”.

Is there any way to solve this?

2 Likes

There seems to be an issue in iOS deeplinks since a recent update.
A user is telling me that when they click on a deeplink in Discord, the Roblox app opens, but nothing happens, the game is not joined.

The problem started happening for this user around October 29th.
Device: iPhone 13
iOS version: 16.6

1 Like

roblox-player:1+launchmode:play+gameinfo:${gameinfo}+launchtime:${launchtime}+placelauncherurl:${placelauncherurl}+launchdata:123
launchData is not working for this protocol :confused:

Base64 also doesn’t work, when you join a game with base64 launchData sometimes Roblox decides to strip out half of the base64 string same thing with normal strings…

Like this doesn’t work for some reason
btoa(JSON.stringify({testTest:{ab:'05'}}))

2 Likes

Sooo…about a year from now, I hope to be able to go to Game Settings, Places, Deeplinking and click some buttons to do this

I keep getting error 524 where it says i don’t have access, all my settings should be right and I don’t know why its happening. this is the link that I use: Roblox

I’m encountering the same issue. The data persists every time you’re teleported between places, which shouldn’t occur.

LaunchData is only available on the first join. If the user teleports to another server, the data is not included, though if needed it can be forwarded manually as teleport data.

How would I go about implementing a workaround? I can’t think about any solution to this except data stores which would be tedious

Edit: Figured it out, the solution is to use TeleportData