Developer Exchange Program Requirements Changes

Must be on your taxes if you make enough money a year that requires you to file taxes since it’s a form of income. Roblox does provide the needed form to show how much you’ve earned in the previous year (can’t remember the form’s name).

2 Likes

This is awesome!

• I can cancel my premium subscription now
  • This is great for smaller developers

However, DevEx wait times will probably be longer. I think Roblox should increase the rate instead of lowering the minimum requirement.

3 Likes

When you earn over $600 you need to fill in a W-9.

3 Likes

Will it ever be possible to cash out twice a calendar month? (Great update though this is definitely beneficial)

3 Likes

I think this new update is great for Roblox. I’m sure that the staff at Roblox put great thought into this as they do with most of their updates. I’m just curious as to if Roblox will ever adjust their DevEx rates with the global economy. :grinning:

2 Likes

Premium doesn’t affect how much you earn from your game. I went ahead and canceled mine since I only needed it to DevEx.

2 Likes

Excelente cambio para desarrolladores muy pequeños para que vayan mejorando sus lugares de trabajo, la verdad sorprendido, solamente luego de mas de 1 año haciendo DevEx, me gustaría ver alguna suba de la paga, pero en verdad, muy satisfecho…

2 Likes

@Kairomatic Any chance regular DevEx users can get a prio bump in the queue? I’ve been devexing every month for over 2 years and still have to wait over 15+ days. I would think it should be easier to check on regular users of the program seeing as they have been in the system for so long.

5 Likes

Once again great update Roblox! Happy we’re moving in the right direction! So thank you again and have a good day!

3 Likes

I believe this is a great update for developers to make money even if they only achieved 50k R$. However though, since this update has occurred, more people will start to devex due to the lower rates, So honestly, I have neutral thoughts about this.

3 Likes

A wonderful and much needed change honestly, especially the removal of the Premium requirement. Makes a huge difference from when DevEx was first introduced; needing OBC to even cash out. It’s also nice to see the bar lowered from 100k to 50k. I still think the DevEx rates should be increased though; while 50k is a nice starting place, it lacks any real incentive to even consider cashing out in the first place. $175 after tax and fees, especially if you use an entirely different currency, isn’t a lot. The potential increased wait time doesn’t help this, either.

5 Likes

This is awesome news. I never really found Premium to be useful to me, so it was annoying to have to buy it just to DevEx.

I would like to see a slight increase in the rates though, while they seem generous, compared to other services, they are definitely in need of an increase. Still, I welcome the changes and appreciate everything you are doing!

3 Likes

I would like this as well. I think that frequent Devexers should be paid out faster. It would be nice if people who are exchanging more robux are getting paid faster.

4 Likes

ok, not having premium before was a problem when i ran out while it was pending.

3 Likes

It was never a useful thing anyway; Devexing required you to make the money from your own game. Combined with Roblox marketplace fees, it’s just like placing extra wooden bollards in front of Area 51 when it already has such immense security.

3 Likes

I think it’d be better to handle it on a first come, first served basis. Assigning priority only causes more issues. I’ve always submitted my devex at the start of the month and have always had it filled within 6-7 days.

5 Likes

I hope more staff have been hired to deal with the further amount of devex requests :+1: Just praying everyone else’s times aren’t made longer by this choice

7 Likes

I highly doubt, it with Roblox decreasing the requirement to devex, this is only to assume requests will double if not more. The developer exchange team before this update was already strained, imagine how it is now, and how much more if they did make it twice or more a month.

6 Likes

FWIW, when people onboard to DevEx, they need to verify their identity via Tipalti anyway. There’s not much sock-puppeting to be done, you would be found out at the Tipalti stage anyway. (if Roblox wanted to check for that, don’t know if they do)

5 Likes

I am glad.

50k (175 USD) instead of 100k (350 USD) and premium no longer required is awesome, but I still think the payout of USD should be raised.

I am starting to wonder if Premium will be removed soon, it seems to be losing more and more features! :eyes:

It’s still a great start… :slight_smile:

5 Likes