Developer Exchange Program Requirements Changes

Its about time!
I always thought how weird it is that you have to spend money to get more money…

Does this mean devex requests will take even longer now?

4 Likes

Right after I bought premium to devex eh?

Awesome change though. Premium being a requirement didn’t really make sense. Much better this way

4 Likes

That’s awesome. So many more devs can cash out now.

This is great too. It wasn’t as much of a problem since you got rid of BC so you didn’t need to spend $20 for OBC to cash out.

4 Likes

And what of the rates? The requirements were not a problem for someone like me. My concerns stem from how much I get for my work.

6 Likes

Since this is clearly to combat people selling off-site, it would be much more efficient to just up the amount that is given. Assuming ROBLOX has a slim to none margin on DevEx, it wouldn’t help all that much. Yet there is enough taxes taken out for developers to simply double what is given for DevEx. For example, ROBLOX takes 30% of majority of everything, therefore if you are to think about it they are taking a solid chunk of the earnings. Assuming every developer that utilizes DevEx is making steady revenue, there should be enough in tax alone to provide for a higher rate. Therefore, since most people that off-site sell are making far more money it becomes more attractive for developers. In the end, most people just want to make money. Therefore if they are offered more by doing it a different way, chances are they will take it. I have a feeling if the DevEx rate was simply raised to 450-600 it would for sure impact the ROBLOX black-market community and bring back a solid amount of users that have migrated to the platforms.

6 Likes

This was never a problem; your Premium status never affected the outcome of your DevEx after submitting it. You only really needed it to submit one.

3 Likes

This is amazing.
I’ve got a couple basic questions on Devex since this sudden drop has pushed everything forward for me and its a little surprising to be attempting to devex for the first time so if I could just have some clarification on my questions below that’d be great.

The earnings that can be cashed out can be earned through group sales (clothing) correct?

If a group holder account is ranked higher than the owner should the Robux be devex through the owner account or holder account?

Does Roblox handle converting USD to other currencies, ie GBP?

4 Likes

Yes earnings from group clothing can be devex’d

You can devex on any account, doesn’t matter. Just fyi, You’ll need to set up a portal account with your preferred payment method ie paypal/bank/etc. so stick to 1 account

Yes currency conversion works just fine, i’ve only ever devex’d through paypal but i assume it works just fine on other methods.

5 Likes

Thank you, this was greatly helpful and saved me alot of stress (: <333

4 Likes

Amazing, this will really help smaller developers such as myself out!

4 Likes

Thats really great news for small devs, i hope to see more great news like these and i’m optimistic to what’s coming.

3 Likes

This is a very welcome change!
Removing the requirement for Premium to cash out makes development a lot more profitable along with the request minimum!

3 Likes

VERY GOOD! Much more of an incentive for smaller developers now. I’m guessing 50,000 translates to $175 correct?

3 Likes

That’s correct.

6 Likes

Thank you so much! Now we just need higher rates and I will be very, very happy!!!

This is a step in the right direction, but Roblox needs to get better rates and even lower minimums in my opinion.

4 Likes

Nice update. Will there be an increase in the time needed to wait for a DevEx request to be approved?

3 Likes

This is great for developers, but will the devex team be increased in size to compensate for this change? I’m worried about processing times, especially considering I havn’t been able to devex due to delays and errors for the past 2 months.

5 Likes

Are you sure you aren’t using some sort of plugin, since this progress bar does not seem to appear on the page for me.

3 Likes

In the great exchange program has change will opinion it did see more change about this

I hopefully get some requirement minimum so much more, you are allowing so summited that’s a quiteful to developer or be exchange. So recently that premium membership don’t needed at requirement thanks to change of excellent idea so much there is good to premium also make him changes even though got developer much more to grow!

3 Likes

WHOA! This is an unbelievably huge change!

I’m very glad that they decided to go this route, especially since it’s hard for commissioners to DevEx nowadays.

This will defiantly give smaller developers like myself more motivation, so I’m pretty grateful for this update.

3 Likes